on 6 March 2017
This book has given me a well explained insight into hammock camping I feel much more confident to go out on my own and set up with a level of competence that would have taken a long time had I not read this book also very entertaining can't wait for the second book 😊
on 17 July 2017
Bought as a present but had a little flick through then bought one for myself. As someone new to hammocking(?), it has some good info.
on 1 November 2017
The book is well written and even as somebody who has hammock camped quite a lot before, I still found the tips and explainations in this book useful.
on 15 November 2017
V good
on 20 October 2017
An entertaining, easy and all too soon finished read. Full of common sense, which, of course ain’t that common. So it was welcomed with open arms.
on 19 September 2017
Fantastic book, you must get this if your even vaguely interested in hammocking, camping, bushcraft and the wild outdoors. Well illustrated.
on 26 March 2017
Great tips throughout.
on 29 August 2013
Written by an American but nevertheless extremely useful in the UK. This is a good place to start if you are thinking of getting a hammock. I bought the Kindle version and it's well worth the money. Good information on the basics as well as choosing a site, setting up, sleeping positions etc. As a result of reading this I bought a DD Frontline hammock and tarp and I'm delighted with them.
on 2 September 2013
I have a hammock that I've used a couple of times this summer. Prior to using it I have enjoyed finding lots of info about hammock camping on the internet. I feel confident as a hammock camper by now. Still I have found this book very useful, it contains stuff I did not read elsewhere that I feel will make me a better hammock camper.

This is an excellent introduction to hammock camping, it is easy to read, and nicely illustrated. Hammock camping is not difficult in anyway but it does require some experience, and this book will help any new campers get on their way! Well worth the money. Derek also has a Youtube channel, and a Blog.
on 24 July 2013
Unless you've read this book!

Derek quite literally wrote the book on hammocks and hammock camping!

Very informative, well written with great illustrations.

Was a little concerned about how it would display on the Kindle so downloaded a sample and was delighted to discover that I had nothing to worry about.

If you are even slightly interested in the wonderful world of hammocks I cannot recommend this book highly enough.

Get it for your Kindle or buy a “real” copy it doesn’t matter as long as you get a copy...