Customer reviews

on 5 February 2012
I was amazed to find out that my old illiterate friend had taken up the mighty pen. It's a story of love, endearing misfortune, and the innocence of childhood that still leaves many children today accepting poverty, starvation and deprivation as the norm. This is a true and wonderful tale, with it's share of heartbreak, heroics and minimal goat abuse. I absolutely loved this book, and can say two honest things about it;
1. I read it in one sitting, and my legs were that numb, I couldn't walk properly for two days.
2. I've bought a second copy, as I can't facing giving this one away to OXFAM.
on 16 February 2015
Excellent book. Read it from start to finish today on the train to and from work, and in my lunch break (about 3 hours all in all). Great little book that I didn't want to put down. Very funny and heart breaking in parts.
on 8 December 2015
very enjoyable more so as I also lived in Hutton Popular's during mid 60 into the 70's nee Cripps Family from Randall House, and remember the houses and sheds at the back more so Eden as best a friend lived there.
on 1 March 2012
This is a wonderful wee book,Barrys account of his early life,it is in turn heartbreaking, heartwarming and humourous. I throughly enjoyed it.
Highly recommended.