on 17 October 2012
I was looking for a book to help my 7yr old son with making and keeping friends. I must say I was not dissappointed. It is a wonderful book of tips. No excessive and lengthy explanations just perfect for both adults and kids. I can easily look for a tip about any given situation and read it to my son, and he understands and implements it perfectly.

He even thanked me for helping him. It has improved his social skills immensely and he has not had a bad day at school since. He used to come home and say "oh mom I dont have any friends! no one wants to play with me !" Now he is a happy little boy who comes home everyday to tell me about who he played with and how much of a good day he has had. I absolutely love this book and would reccomend it to any parent who wants to help their child/children with making and keeping friends, and even learn some useful social skills.
on 1 January 2014
Great for conversation starters with children.

I bought it because I am a lunch time supervisor (dinner lady) and I'd like some tips to help children who find it a struggle to join in at break times. I think it will be useful and has given me some ideas already.
on 20 August 2014
This a a great book - aimed at younger children but with tips that teenagers definitely need reminding about! I ended up reading the chapters with my children (several aged between 9 and 14) while they were eating dinner so they were a captive audience!
on 28 November 2013
I bought this book to look to teach my son social skills. All it consists of is lists of endless tips on how to behave. I do not doubt that all the tips are good ones but how are you meant to use this book to actually teach a child with moderate social difficulties? I really expected more from the authors given their experience.
There are no examples, scenarios, tasks or two way interactions to allow your child to understand & make sense of the tips.

At the same time, I also bought "Social Awareness Skills for Children" & "Bullies, Big Mouths & So Called Friends" - my son loves these books, especially the latter as it is packed with stories, examples and involvement.

Perhaps the authors should read the two books I've recommended and try a redraft of "How to Make & Keep friends" - to make the book more relevant to kids with learning difficulties.
on 14 July 2016
This review is really from my 11 year old twin sons (with me paraphrasing). I bought them this book and they both loved it as they said it gives lots of practical examples they can relate to rather than being a 'you must do this.....' instruction manual.
on 9 February 2014
Working with primary school children with a variety of emotional difficulties, there was useful information in it to help them.
on 29 November 2012
Having had a cursory look through book, already have identified chapters which we can dip into and learn as we go. It is very informative and well laid out and being the kindle edition, intuitive to use and explains exactly what the words mean and how they link into the other chapters in book. My 7 year will hopefully be reassured and can have any questions he has answered as we bought book to deal with problems he has been having at school and saying he was lonely and had no friends. He then admitted he was nervous so this book hopefully will explain there are rules to follow and he likes to follow the rules and will be able to overcome his fear.
on 14 December 2013
Useful SLT tool with bright kids who can read and discuss the content and their needs. Simple language but useful
on 23 January 2016
fabulous product!
on 2 June 2015
Will be useful for my son as we have just moved house