on 20 October 2017
I loved this book. Wasn't sure what to expect but it's like nothing I've read before. Napoleon Hill was so ahead of his time. I love the fact that much of the book refers to heros and geniuses from the past (which were current for Napoleon) It's like stepping back in time but also very fresh. The point is that human nature doesn't really change and the mind sets that made people great 100 years ago are the same that will see people succeed today. I love the old style language, such a change from the brash 'money talk' in other more modern books. Although the title speaks of 'growing rich' I think it should be 'grow great' as it's about being the best of yourself and achieving your goals. I intend on reading it another couple of times and taking notes so that it really sinks in.
on 18 November 2013
This classic makes indeed a good read and one can feel the passion with which the author has written it. It has great insights and it is often empowering. The only less positive aspect for me is that at times it has the tone of an article and it does talk a bit too much about the American background in which it was written. This does not detract from the main message and one can easily skip those passages. Somehow the fact that it was written all those years ago and still carries a powerful and valuable message makes it, perhaps, even more powerful. Overall, a great read.
on 12 January 2016
I'd heard about this book from a number of friends and people I follow online. It's a real classic of self-help and motivational literature.

Hill goes into great detail on subjects such as visualisation, the law of attraction and sex transmutation - all of which is fascinating. Although I felt a bit swamped by the level of detail and some of his examples are dated, this was a great read and I'd recommend it to anyone who is looking to improve their personal circumstances.
on 31 December 2014
Written nearly a hundred years ago in archaic language that many would scoff at these days, this book must surely be what the likes of T. Harv Eker and Tony Robbins have based their money-making philosophies of the present day. I found it equally, if not more inspiring and would recommend it to anyone who is serious about learning how to accumulate wealth.
on 2 November 2009
It is without a doubt the best of the best. I can't say how much good this book is. Learn to serve people in the most quantity and quality if you really want success. If you understand the statement that says you will definitely reap what you sow, then you must also understand the previous statement as an undeniable truth.

Each of the principles described is a stone you can clone to build your success. Staturate your mind with this book, every single day, until you read it three times. I say only three times because then you will not want to stop.

I read this book every day and it has definitely made me a better man. A profound change is still happening in me and will keep happening for the better.

If you are smart enough you will certainly not regret it.

(This or any version is fine for you, but I recommend this or any other with the original text only).
on 12 October 2015
all the books that stood the test of time speak for them self, and this is one of them. i have bought the CD in the car and the book at home , very useful to have as the first book on the way to success, very high on my recommandation list. READ< LISTEN AND LISTEN AGAIN
on 7 September 2016
Uplifting and motivational. As much on how to manage your mind as to how to acquire wealth (appreciating the link between the two) set out in the book.
on 8 July 2017
one of the best books of all time, all about how people like Thomas Eddission. Henry Ford. Andrew Carnegie and numerous other famous rich people made their millions and how we can too. Great read
on 26 March 2016
Didn't disappoint. Was looking for a classic, something tried & tested - And each time I pick it up & have a quick read I get a nice boost & my dreams & ambitions all seem possible again. Give it a go guys, it's what only a tenner & at the end of the day it'll give you a lot more than money can ever buy. - A truly upbeat attitude!
on 28 January 2014
This book must be the forerunner of all self-improvement books. It was written in the 30's and updated in the 40's and 50's. The author interviewed Andrew Carnegie, Henry Ford and John Rockerfeller amongst others and in this book writes about what they told him about their success. It is written in a style that is very different from today and is rather wordy in places, none the less it is a great book.