on 27 February 2014
What a lovely shiny book! I must admit I was enticed by the wonderful star on the cover, but there are more great projects inside. I'm going to begin with the five pointed star on page 39, looks like fun to make - can't wait to get started....
I did the star, then took this book to my beading class and everyone loved it - three of them decided to purchase and next session we are all going to complete some of these designs, need I say more? Brilliant.
Added more recently - now the whole of the beading class has a copy of this book, it has so many good ideas using delicas. A really worth while purchase.
on 16 December 2013
I have just spent an indulgent hour salivating over this book. Having attended some of Diane's workshops it is wonderful seeing some old friends in different colour ways and trying to decide which of the multiplicity of new ones I would like to do first.

The instructions as always from Diane are wonderful. I love the spike balls and they would make fantastic Christmas decorations very quickly.
on 24 April 2014
Diane's devotees need no recommendation to acquire this book, so my review is aimed at bead workers who are less familiar with her designs, or may wonder whether the techniques used may be too advanced for them. The first chapter covers beading equipment, instructions for peyote stitch which is predominantly used here, and discussion of the basic flat patterns used to construct the three dimensional shapes. Absolute novices probably do need to have mastered basic thread tension, but from then onwards things here come in small steps.
There is a huge range of mouth-watering projects, which a newcomer might find daunting at first glance. However, each chapter of the book builds upon previously introduced concepts. There are profuse diagrams with well illustrated thread pathways, and the text backs these up with clear instructions. Many of the designs come with variations which help the less imaginative among us see how we might adapt the patterns for ourselves.
If you have attended one of Diane's workshops you know you will not come away unsure of what you should do to continue with and complete your project. You will have been given many hints and tips to ensure a happy outcome of the project in hand, but which will also enhance your general beading skills in the future. This book, apart from the many beautiful and fascinating projects, is brimming with that same wealth of information. I think bead workers at all skill levels will find much in this book to return to over the years.
My copy of this book was a gift, and what a gift! It is a lovely book full of beautiful things.
on 9 January 2014
This is an excellent book and follows on from Shaped Beadwork extending the original ideas and suggesting new designs. Diane is an inspirational teacher and I now have three of her books including my all time favourite Zulu.
on 9 July 2014
Book was recommended to me & it is certainly worth having. I started using the book a month ago & have already made a few of the designs. The patterns are easy to follow, very clear & concise. I like using delicas and have lots of 'left overs' from previous projects. There are patterns that need just these small amounts. Now I need to find time to make them all! Extra plus, I am complimented on the finished jewellery too! Worth having!
on 17 January 2014
This is a well written and charted book with progression from the basics to more complicated ideas and projects. I will be using this book for some time.
on 11 September 2014
I found this book and the instructions clear and very informative. It takes the bead worker into new areas to try and experience. I would certainly recommend this book and it is suitable for all categories.
on 31 January 2014
Thank you Diane Fitzgerald for another fantastic book, all the projects look fasinating to make, great diagrams and explanations! I just love this great designer, love everything she creates and enjoy the book enormously!
on 1 August 2014
Excellent diagrams and clear ibatructions
on 18 May 2014
Good clear instructions and lots of pictures to inspire. Projects are really not aimed at beginners, but a fab gift for a "beady" loved one