on 3 June 2018
As a follower of the blog for a few years now it too me a while to go for the book; after all, how much could it actually add to what is on the blog? If you are the same, I would say go for it. This is a very deep dive into the philosophy and principles of ERE. It's very well written and will really deepen your understanding of the subject.

If you haven't come across the author before (on his blog or the handful of podcast appearances), reading this will be quite the swallowing of the red pill. You owe it to yourself. Fair warning, once you look behind the curtain, you can't pretend you don't know what's behind the curtain.
on 3 May 2018
A new way to look at your lifestyle and reevaluate it. I liked the writing and the refreshing ideas described in this book. I found the book very helpful in motivating myself to examine my financial behavior and change my perspective on some values. Even if you are not planning to retire anytime soon, but wish to learn how to save money, work less , free your mind from a financial-slave mentality, and lead a happier life , you will like this book.
on 30 November 2017
Fantastic insightful book for building a framework for financial independence. Highly recommended
on 21 August 2017
This is an excellent book - if you can handle it. There are many books out there which will help you shave a few pounds off your grocery bills, gamble in the property markets, or grow your own organic vegetables, but Fisker brings a physicist's mindset to the modern world, and specifically, to re-forming the reader's relationship to that world, so that the world - in a sustainable and non-exploitive way - serves the purposes of the individual, rather than the individual serving the purposes of the world.

Any reader will find something to argue with in the text, but this is not only to be expected, it is a necessary aspect of setting out a path which challenges the assumptions according to which so many have run their lives for so long - and to so little benefit.

Read, enjoy, challenge yourself, and reshape your life!
4 people found this helpful
on 29 May 2017
Challenged my views - good insights - motivational. Well worth a read. Writer walks the tricky line between helpful and judgemental by providing options and ideas - not a one size fits all plan - refreshing.
on 16 April 2017
A very good book, I'm not particularly strong in maths but I managed just fine. Definitely worth the cost of the kindle version.
2 people found this helpful
on 2 January 2017
Worth a read particularly for those introducing themselves to GO or FIRE

Also worthy of a reread a few months later which I am planning to do
on 28 December 2016
Different to what I expected. As much about changing your philosophy on how most of us live our lives as it is a practical means by which to save money. One of the interesting points was about seeing your house as a massive liability and downsizing where possible whilst saving as much as possible as soon as possible to enable you to build a large equity portfolio and live off the income from that instead (with your more frugal life costing you significantly less than before).
2 people found this helpful
on 7 November 2016
This book delivers just what it says on the cover (and much more). Before reading this book I thought I was a fairly thrifty individual, but I now realize that I have been spending my money like a drunken sailor. Thanks Jacob!
on 1 June 2016