on 8 January 2016
I wish this book was translated into Portuguese.
on 12 February 2016
Exactly as stated thankyou, but found the book more a carefully written not offend ''polite'' look at the subject not very good in my opinion.
on 19 September 2017
Life changing stuff, describes narcisstic mothers in a way I have never heard before. Truly a game changer.
on 16 February 2016
Changed my life.
on 22 September 2017
Very good conditions
on 2 March 2017
excellent book in excellent condition. thank you
on 17 July 2017
Disappointing - not recommended. I read quite a lot of the book, but gave up as it was making me feel worse. Danu Morrigan's book and website are far more helpful and insightful.

This author doesn't address the ongoing battle with the covert narcissist mother, who will never stop creating dramas in which she has a starring role as "The Victim", who is blamelessly at the mercy of her evil daughter. It completely skirts the issue of brothers, particularly the "Golden Child" who is groomed from being young to be disrespectful and sometimes violent to the "scapegoat" daughter. The chapters I read assume that everything happened in childhood, and that all we need to do is forgive and skip happily off into the future. My mother will never stop with her snide remarks and mini rages, always done when there are no witnesses, and if I defend myself she will twist the story as if I verbally attacked her, and in the re-telling will question my mental health ("smear campaign"). If any of my Mother issues resemble yours, then this is not the book for you. Best wishes to you xx
on 11 April 2012
I cant tell you how much I have gained from this book. it is an amazing insite into seeing how pain drives people to a place where they are only able to see the world and other people from there perspective. I learned that at the root of this behaviour is extreme fear. The book teaches how Narcissistic behaviour is manifested, how the behaviour impacts children how to recognise it in yourself and how to set the appropriate bounderies. I learned about my own emeshment and how it sabotages the relationship I have with myself and others. A painful read but also a freeing one. Have recommended it to lots of my friends.
on 24 January 2016
Very American, found myself dipping in and out, bought a copy for a friend and she felt the same!
on 5 March 2017
Very disappointing. My mother is a covert narcissist and I was really hoping to find help through this book. I have found far more useful information on the internet.