Format: Hardcover|Change

on 29 November 2012
These poems are just so lovely - great sense of humour, great writing - made me smile and feel a little warm inside my heart. That's how cute these poems are. They are smart too, sometimes I'd think where's this one going until I'd read the last line of a poem. Greatly recommended for any cat lover.
on 5 November 2012
Chances are, you'll have stumbled on this book without any intention of browsing for works of poetry from the perspective of a cat. Truth be told I have no recollection of the series of events that led me to it but purchasing it on a whim was probably my finest achievement that day. The entertainment gained from these feline fables exceeds the very reasonable price paid for it and if, for some unknown reason, it doesn't resonate with you then there's bound to be someone not too far away who will appreciate it muchly. Probably not for Dog people mind you...
on 17 November 2012
this book is a must for any cat person, it really gives one an insight as to how cats think. The various authors must be really au fait with cat behavior.
I have used several quotes recently ,my favourites being "nudge, nudge" whilst watching a cat remove something from the table and "I could pee on that" when that speculative look comes over a feline visage.
All in all this is a great fun read.
on 12 November 2013
What some fantastic poems! This little book is on my coffee table for me (or anyone else who comes round) to pick up and read when I want a good laugh. And laugh I did - out loud - especially the poem that is the title of the book. Another one ended with claws going down the eyelids so as to wake the person up!! If you've got cats, you'll know exactly what I mean! Brilliant read.
on 5 December 2014
Zanthoula has been good enough to lend me her computer to write this review. I am Millie (alias Camilla Elfentanz), Zanthoula's Norwegian Forest cat. I have bought "I could Pee on This and other Poems" as a Christmas present for the cat next door, my friend Maisie. Although I don't go for the poems too much, I absolutely love the cover and the wonderful photographs and am sure Maisie and her Pets will do so too. To pee on something, as long as it is kept for rare and pertinent occasions, does provide a perfect indication of disapproval. As a present this Christmas, this book will be a most popular gift and merry talking point. No cat, by the way, should dream of peeing on their Pet's computer. It really does mess up their lives.
on 4 December 2013
We ordered this for my 11 year old daughter for xmas as she's mad about cats. When it arrived I read through lots of the poems to check they're ok - I laughed and chuckled so much that my husband wished he'd got it for me for xmas instead. The poems and funny and spot-on - will chime with any cat-owner. Also the pictures are adorable. Had to buy another copy for my parents.
on 27 November 2014
Even if you hate cats, this book of poetry will make you laugh. It's a small-sized book, yet full of pages, making it a great stocking stuffer. The poems are great and well written. The book itself is very well made and bound with lovely thick paper pages and an adorable colour photo to go with each poem. Great gift for any cat lover! Would recommend!
on 26 October 2015
doesnt really match up to the publicity ...apart from a few pithy comments like the title the so called poetry is not up to standard ...the pictures are pleasant thought ...but then they are of cats so you cant get much wrong there
on 8 December 2012
I cannot recommend this collection highly enough, on one proviso. You probably need to be a cat lover and the sort of person who personifies your cat (or at least doesn't have a hate of those who do) to really appreciate the poems herein. If you do then this will have you in stitches.
on 12 May 2013
The title and the picture on the front appealed to me so much I simply had to buy this book. Some of the poems are delightful and I would recommend this book for the gems that you will find in it. The poem that begins "Let me in, let me in, let me in, let me in," for example.