Customer reviews

on 14 June 2016
Absolutely love this! I always hate planning my writing and find it boring, but this book turned it around! Its fun and encouraging style forced me to think about the small details of my novel that I would have missed out had I not bought this.
This journal is designed to help you create a novel, starting from developing an idea first, rather than assuming you already have idea, which I think is great for those who are (somewhat) new to writing. From there, it then guides you right to the end of the novel, and even helps you think of a title for your novel!
There are also the small things about this journal which I love, such as the satisfying checklists for each chapter and even the small pocket at the back for scraps of paper (I've included a picture of these >.<)
I would definitely recommend this to any fellow writers who need a boost with planning, or want to write but have no idea where to start!
review image review image review image
on 26 May 2017
Seriously! This witty and light-hearted approach will get your words on paper, even if you don't realise that you have a book ready in your mind!
The script is easy to read and follow, with well-bound and high quality pages.
Experienced authors have put this together to inspire us in a way that will get the words flowing.
on 2 November 2014
I bought this as a prompt as I was going on holidays and unable to bring my laptop. It's great fun. Written by the makers of Nanowrimo, their writing prompts really get you thinking. Perfect for anyone that wants to try their hand at writing. I have to confess I haven't filled it all in as I've already covered many parts of it, and I would have benefitted more when I began writing rather than a year down the line.
on 5 May 2017
This book is really helpful as it gives you a clear process to follow to write your book.

Great for a first time author.
on 17 November 2013
I just wish I'd had this book say a week before starting Nanowrmo because it would have helped so much. I will be using the workbook for plotting my next book It has lots of great exercises which , by the time you've worked through them, will make sure you're tingling with anticipation and dying to start that book. Highly recommended!
on 3 September 2012
Really good workbook type of structure. Well written with lots of fun and silly activites to get you inspired or thinking about what you want to say. It's helped me to map out what it is I'm going to write and who my characters are going to be. This is always the hard bit for me, so it's nice to have one book that I've dedicated to one novel idea. I'd definitely recommend it, it's a different approach to novel writing and one that certainly suits me down to the ground.
on 22 August 2013
Full of fun activities, diagrams and worksheets to help you with planning your novel. Great for a motivation boost if not to go through from start-to-finish. Would highly recommend for any writing fan.
on 19 February 2015
This really helped get my creativity going. I managed to get through Nanowrimo really easily because I was really really well planned. Some lovely ideas for character development exercises too as an added bonus.
on 22 February 2015
This is perfect and really engaging, if you're dead set on writing a novel, this is the perfect craft book to keep you interested. It's so fun to go through!
on 25 February 2013
This book is a great help to those who like to plan their Novels. Those who are starting out and need some guidance on the thought process of writing a novel. I do not write as much detail as this, i do actually plan as I go, but I have recommended this to a lot of my creative writing students who are more inclined to love planning.