Customer reviews

on 1 October 2015
Simply superb. I've got many books on the subject (Mettler, Grigson, HFW etc) but this is just excellent and stands head and shoulders above the others. I love most of the books in my butchery library (HFW's are great too) but if I were limited to just one, it would be this one. I'm a Chef with my own farm and restaurant and I rear, slaughter and butcher my own livestock. I've read many books over the years but never have I come across a book that so simply, so concisely and so expertly demonstrates butchery and meat cookery. It's beautifully bound and very well made, stylish, concise and the photos are superb. Nothing has been overlooked and somehow vast quantities of information have been distilled into remarkably few pages. A work of genius. And no, I don't know Ryan Farr or Bridget Binns, though I wish I did, so I could thank them energetically and enthusiastically for creating such a masterpiece.
3 people found this helpful
on 21 July 2016
The best book out there. Farr is a meat wizard and the book is so easy to follow. Great photo's and clear explanations. The money you'll save first time around will more than pay for the book. The art of butchery is back and here to stay thanks to this book.
on 23 June 2014
Bought as a present for my partner who says it is excellent and exactly what he wanted it to be. Illustrations and information very good quality.
3 people found this helpful
on 9 May 2016
A clear simple and concise book, good illustration and definitely takes the mystery out of butchery!
on 21 July 2016
Bought as a gift on behalf of someone else. I gather it was well received.
on 21 January 2015
Pretty good, lots of pictures but all the cuts have the american names.
on 5 August 2017
Great Educational Book!!
on 16 March 2015
Excellent!
on 18 July 2012
Found the book really useful. Excellent pictures and information.
Instructions easy to understand and made a difficult job much easier.
One person found this helpful
on 19 July 2017
Should be in the headline KINDLE only !!