on 13 April 2013
I have treid to write this without giving any Spoils for those that do not know, so I apologise if it is a bit cryptic

The title sums it up really this is a very good book but having played MoP (and one scenario in particular) I knew what was going to happen and found myself silently shouting and the characters to not do certain things.

However that said, before I read this book MoP had some unanswered questions concerning Lady Jaina Proudmore, and this certainly explained the hows and the whys, for anyone who has not played the operation Shieldwall questline (and / or) started the Isle of Thunder (alliance side) , this book will certainly fill in some gaps before you do and even if you have it will explain the whys and wherefores.

ON these strengths alone and the fact that is it a very good read I will recommend it but be advised it takes quite a while to get to the part that most MoP players probably already know about
on 28 February 2015
Another good book from Christie Golden. Jaina Proudmore gets a lot of airtime in the vast majority of books and a key character in WoW lore. This demonstrates the strength of her character but also the more human side of the very powerful mage and leader of people.

The lead up to the "cold war" I'd almost say between Orcs and Humans comes to breaking point as Garrosh really does cross a line he will not be able to return from and the effects it has on Jaina and her want for peace between the two races.

Good read - some appearances from other periphery and key characters as well. Another good one to read if you haven't already.
on 19 January 2014
I had been meaning to read this novel for quite some time but only got round to it towards the end of Mists. Although the ending was a bit of an anti-climax due to me having already played parts of the game which revealed the outcome of the story I still considered it a vital point in the pre mists lore as it explains the reasons behind Jaina's significant change in character in a way I have to to love from Christie Golden's stories.

All in all a fantastic work from my favourite Warcraft author
on 14 October 2014
For avid WoW lore fans this is probably a great book. However, for a general reader - albeit a fantasy enthusiast - the book is rather poorly written. Unfortunately a lot of fantasy novels seem to fall into this trap of poor writing, being generally buoyed up by the fans' love of the content, and this is no different. I've been told that Christie Golden is one of the better WoW authors, and that may well be the case, but as a standalone piece of writing it's just not up to scratch, in my opinion.
on 11 April 2013
I am wow GEEK and proud love the on-line game and the lore surrounding the game. I have read lots of the books and this stands as one of the best. Jania Proudmore is not one of my favourite characters but i was interested in the destruction of Theramore. The book was a bit repetitive at times but a wonderful story well told.

If you love wow this is a book for you. Hope you enjoy it
on 16 November 2013
Another great book by Christie Golden! This book has everything, a great love story and amazing action. Christie's writing is fantastic, as always it makes you have a clear picture of what she is describing. Some of the great characters are back too. Hats off Christie, you have done it again, another great Warcraft book!! Please keep doing them.
on 8 September 2013
I loved this book from start to finish.
Christie Golden never stops to amaze me how good of a writer she is compared to other World of Warcraft authors. Having her write about one of my favorite characters in the Warcraft universe was just the perfect combination.
on 15 January 2014
I do love the way Golden writes and her descriptions, if Im underwelmed by this book it is probably more a reflection of Warcraft's quality of lore these days! That said interesting in parts and it's good as a read that's easy on the brain and quite enjoyable.
on 25 October 2014
Well worth the price for the kindle version, it just didn't feel quite right to read it on a tiny tablet interface instead of the big hard back books of its predecessors so I'll probably buy it again on hard back just to match the rest of my collection.
on 13 January 2016
I'm a self confessed World of Warcraft fan. It's one of the better books accompanying the game.
You can read it as a standalone book as there are some explanations. It's an easy read. There are plenty of cliques but all in all -it's pretty fun.