on 11 August 2015
Finding this book a fantastic read so far. Am about three quarters of the way through and found it fascinating to read. Definitely would choose this over more popular well know parenting books as its more about the kind of parenting style we use with our son.
on 25 February 2014
Well articulated presentation of the theory and practical aspects of attachment parenting. We apply much of this with our child and she's a happy confident child who hardly cries and joins in everything we do.
on 29 July 2014
Very honest, warts and all, experiences of attachment parenting. Also not dogmatic, but clear that parents need to do what they are comfortable with. Personally I agree entirely that attachment parenting not only 'feels' right but now has the research to back it up, though our consumer culture does not in any way value that, so it can be a battle, but one that is worth the struggle!
on 4 May 2013
Mayim provides a very accessible account of her and her husbands take on attachment parenting with their two boys! Non- judgemental nor prescriptive or instructive; this book provides a warm, humorous and encouraging prose for those who lean towards an attachment parenting style!
on 25 March 2014
Wonderfully written book. Mayim presents attachment parenting with no judgement attached. While we may not choose to practice every aspect that she does (for example, elimination communication), I still found it extremely interesting to learn more about this style of parenting. Was an eye opening book that intelligently argues some cultural norms and makes me feel better about following more of my instincts! Reassured me that deep down inside, mom really does know what's best!
on 13 August 2013
I'm really enjoying reading this book. Mayim writes with humour and a non-judgemental tone and its very readable. Definitely recommend for anyone who can think outside the box (and even more so for those who can't!)
on 30 November 2013
I am going to be a first time Mum in March and I'm interested in all sorts of parenting/ birthing ideas at this point. I had read bits and pieces on AP on the internet and bought this book to know more. I read the whole thing in 2 days as it was such a well written book. She doesn't tell you what to do, she explains what she did and why. I was expecting to be really challenged by a lot of the principals but I found myself agreeing with much of what was said (although I still think elimination communication is completely crackers).
It's a refreshing change from all the baby manuals that are written and completely unreadable.
on 28 March 2013
This book was an excellent present for new parents who have been given everything else they need - they loved it
on 22 December 2014
The chapter headings may seem a bit daunting, but Bialik's casual and friendly writing style drew me in. I'm due my first baby in July 2015 and I've always felt there was something inherently wrong with how we approach parenting our babies (as a UK citizen).

I can't wait to have a natural homebirth, bond through breastfeeding and have my baby close to me night and day. I can't imagine a more natural way to be a mother. No crying it out, harsh discipline or unnecessary stuff for my little one. Thanks to this book I am confident in myself and that from the beginning, my maternal instincts were there and worth listening to.
on 24 February 2013
This is an excellent book. Would highly recommend to others who are interested in attachment parenting. It provides a not just an overview but goes into detail (easy to understand) on why attachment parenting is the way forward