Format: Hardcover|Change

on 8 March 2013
This book recaptures alot of the great action, and interaction, that has become somewhat lost in the recent Honor Harrington books, as she is now so high-ranking, politics are taking a larger portion of her activities.

This book is based on her friend Vice-Admiral Henke, and her 10th Fleet, as she de-rails both the Sollies & Mensa plans.
on 4 March 2013
The story I felt ran in parallel with "A Rising Thunder", I ask myself were they at one time all the one novel. But still a good addition to the Honor Harrington universe and a good read in its own right.
To get the most from this book I thick the reader needs at the least to have read "A rising Thunder" first.
on 26 May 2013
What can I say but when can I get my hands on the next volume in the series, either with Honor herself or Mike Henke et al David Weber writes a brilliant adnventure stories no matter which series they belong to nad I am always impatiant for the next book, so please hurry up and write/publish the next book/s. Sorry for the family.
on 3 April 2013
Its great that David Weber is now on Kindle although I must admit I did like the idea of the DVD given away with the hardback version of some of the series containing a large number of his earlier works.
This book continues the story of Michelle Henke and weaves its way around the Honor Harrington books providing additional information and looking at the whole universe from a slightly different point of view,
As always it is a good read and again finishes on a knife edge. I can't wait for the next book and as always will do nothing else for a few days when the book arrives.
This is an exceptional series well written, 2 or 3 levels above most of the space opera around at the moment.
on 13 March 2013
I thought it was a good story, David Weber does write books I like, but much of it simply covered ground already seen. I suppose we will have to wait for an actual Honor Harrington book for more progress in the bigger story.
on 16 March 2013
some readers write they are disapointed this is honorverse not honor.But remember "grand fleet" is not the"fun command"so we are following mike henke and 10th fleet from rescuing kidnapped frieghter crews to as the the story progresses saving OFS client states from decades of asset stripping and crippling taxes,including at the invite of revolutionarys that think they are already aided by manticore.
The only problem i had with this book is having to read it the second time to keep track of the freedom fighters with system name,planet and sometimes city making me wonder where i am also not helped by scottish ancestry in more than one of these systems.
on 12 September 2014
Feel as if Weber is trying to juggle too much detail in this one. The back story's are becoming increasingly detailed and there are now so many the overall effect is stupefying. Basically, it begins to get tedious! Still, the Honorverse is still progressing through its storylines and hopefully, this will re-unite the themes.
on 25 May 2014
The story is a good continuation you can see where all the strands in the honourverse are going to meet. However the formatting awful, seems they have just dumped a text file and said make this a kindle file. I have freebies from baen books with proper chapters indexes and such.
on 10 March 2013
Events in the story are speeding up ,
And it looks like Mesa may get it's WISH. (As in old middle east proverb).

Why only four stars
One of the chapters (Five I think) is a repeat
on 4 March 2013
Just stayed up all night reading the latest excellent David Weber magnum opus and it was worth it. Faster paced than some recent offerings and more "combat heavy", it scratches all the right itches.

And of course it sets up a finale we've all suspected for the last eight or nine books.

Please don't leave us hanging for too long Mr Weber, I really want to see how this ends (and hopefully a brand new story arc starts).