Customer reviews

Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 20 August 2017
I am reading these books in order and am enjoying the series. Narrated by George Guidall, who narrated most of the Vince Flynn series, this is, as expected, a fast paced thriller, moving around Europe and the US where Scott and yet another female sidekick fight to prevent a bio attack which would result in a pandemic. I am now going to have to do a bit of research into Hannibal and ancient books and war methods mentioned here to see if we are totally in the realms of fantasy or is this a research based story. Never did I think that this type of book would spark an interest of this sort. In the meantime I'm ordering the next in series and am interested to see what way Scott resolves his personal and work lives.
on 19 July 2017
Great - I like lee child , baldacci, Flynn and wasn't disappointed !
Well after the incredible Lions of Lucerne I always look forward to reading a Brad Thor novel, Path of The Assassin started well and went a bit off the rails as did State of The Union, his trade mark now seems to be wonderful opening chapters but then gets bogged down too much in politics rather than action which hinders this book too much and is rather like some movies where the film builds from a great beginning takes too long with side line stories and then has a rush ending. Still Scott Harvarth is still a great character and Lions of Lucerne in my top 10.
VINE VOICEon 4 November 2006
I bought the paperback version of this book on a recent visit to the states, and I am extremely glad I did. From beginning to end the plot is well scripted and you never know what is going to happen next. At every stage I wanted to keep reading and could not put it down. Although Scot Harvarth finds himself in trouble in this book, he somehow manages to keep himself on top. I wont ruin the ending but I have to say it took me by surprise. I would recommend this book to anyone, whether you have read Brar Thor before or otherwise. I am a fan of Brad Thor and this book has confirmed to me once more, the reasons for this.
on 5 August 2016
Well this is one which had me hooked from the get go right til the last page. How the author came up with this page turning story line, goodness only knows.

I learned a lot along the way - in fact I'm now tempted to read a little non fiction about elephants 😉 Thanks Brad! Just downloaded the next one!
on 3 February 2014
Only one criticism , I'm too tired for work after staying up all night reading this book because I can't put it down

My boss is not amused

Can't wait to start the next brad thor book
on 28 November 2013
I'm a big fan of all the Brad Thor books. Started reading them after I finished all the Vince Flynn books. Scot's different from Mitch Rapp, but similar sort of thing. Highly recommended!
on 13 September 2014
A thoroughly good read. A great follow up to those of Vince Flynn's Mitch Rapp fans.
Well recommended. Now for the next in the series.
on 30 March 2013
Not quite a five star but still a very good read. As a result I am looking forward to reading the next in the series which is Takedown.
on 30 January 2015
As always Brad delivers again...Good read if you like reading about counterterrorism... Exciting all the way through...