on 8 March 2018
I’ve been weight training by myself for sometime, mainly bicep curls. However I decided I needed more direction and knowledge of which muscle groups are actually being worked. This book helped me design an effective training regime and has offered information on how the body actually reacts to the trauma caused by lifting weights. Recommended book with excellent drawings if you want to step up your routine.
on 18 March 2018
Fantastically useful book for someone starting out with strength training. What this book doesn't say (but should make more of) is that the workouts in here only need a pull-up bar, dumbbells, and a resistance band. I had previously bought a specific dumbbell workout book which was not very useful and I ended up returning. This book, however, has been a brilliant introduction and guide for strength training. Thoroughly recommended.
One person found this helpful
on 12 June 2016
I love this book, it gives the pros and con's for each equipment for training a specific muscle group. Very helpful and educational training book, ideal for people that are just starting training and also it expands you understanding of how the muscle perfoms and the effectiveness of the exercise.
One person found this helpful
on 15 November 2017
Great book i recommend that book to people who likes to increase their knowledge to buy this edition.
on 12 June 2016
It's a good starter book for understanding how to perform on the basic exercises, it's great when your are thinking to start training seriously.
on 19 September 2016
I am now stronger, faster and fitter, my knowledge is increased. The book is easy to understand and explains the excercises very well as well as highlighting correct techniques and possibility of injuries. Best of all the book also advises of excercise to avoid.
on 16 August 2013
The information is really very good. I have exercised on many occasions lasting up to 6 weeks, but finding I burn myself out. After reading this I now realize the training routine I've been given at the gym by the trainers is not good and the cause of my failure. This book is worth its weight in gold in my opinion.
on 3 October 2013
I bought all 3 books of Frederic Delavier (STA, STA W, STA W2) so that i didnt miss any important info as im a beginner in terms of gym use and want to get the ideal body

I have quickly learnt the best methods of doing the exercise from these books and it shows in depth which muscle is being worked. This has been a bonus for me as i got the understanding to do the correct technique and know exactly what muscle is being worked. Im currently a gym member so when am working out not only do i perform my exercises better, i see other people making the same mistakes which i made.

Overall Great book and guide, shame that it is geared for using rubber bands and working out at home but still is easy enough to apply to the commercial gym environment and a good start for any beginner.
on 1 December 2016
A must for all beginners and intermediate body builders. It can provide you with a lot of information that you may have not know before
on 10 October 2016
Not much difference from the original book. A nice book but stick with the first one if you already have it.