on 17 April 2013
Excellent read griping really enjoyed well worth a read if your into biking and clubs it is a true story
on 2 May 2013
Good in parts, funny in bits, very repetitive fist fighting recalls.
Sadly disappointing in some areas..being a biker for many years I have always respected other bikers no matter what "colours" they wear, but spurgeon openly admits stealing parts from other bikes at night .... that's well hard, not.
Sounds like he had a lot of fun on the way, and despite trying to sell himself as the hero who looked after the weak he pedalled dope,so he was no Angel.
I've read plenty of biker books but this one just did not grab me, but I persevered like Dave, and I saw the light in the end!
Was he the real hard guy = I'd like to think so,but my gut feeling says otherwise.
on 27 December 2013
Excellent read, not all pretty to read by gave me a good Idea of what life with the outlaws must be like both good and bad points. Also eliminated a or of false ideas I held. Having been Interested in bikes since I was 14 and spending a year with shells angels I was expecting some bull shit it never came. Read it I'm sure 99% of you will love it makes me wish I could meet Dave spurgeon and shake his hand.
on 20 January 2013
A real insight into the connection these guy's have with each other. It tells us the respact and loyalty shown by members of the 'Bikin' fraternity to each other. It also goes down the road of telling us some of the darker side of this 'brotherhood' and how they make their money running drugs and/or guns. Still worth reading.......
on 9 March 2013
Great read, full of interesting insights into the outlaw lifestyle, plus a good dollop of bike related content as oppose to just violence, drugs and alcohol as so many of the books in this genre tend to focus on. Slightly let down by the ending in my opinion but not enough to detract from the overall readability of this title.
on 20 February 2013
Starts out as a bad guy and ends as a good guy, depending on your point of view of course. Liked the story and all the better for the fact it's written by the person making the journey. No comment on the content. Good read and buy.
on 30 January 2013
Well written, interesting book and free of any of the glorification crap you so often find in this genre. I enjoyed reading this frank account of the writer's life and would recommend it to anyone interested in this type of work
on 8 April 2013
Great book, you think your living the dream when riding your bike with mates, this book is very good at giving real insight into being as they call it a real biker. Most enjoyable cover to cover.
on 22 January 2013
Nice to find a book like this where the author actually lived the live and wasn't in it for money or glory but because he loved his bike and being free. Perfect title bikin and brotherhood
on 20 March 2013
Great read good insight in 2 the outlaws . By the way I'm not in2 that way of life not even got a bike
Lol thanks Dave 4 a good read was not expecting that at the end it open my eyes