Customer reviews

on 25 November 2012
I feel compelled to write this review to counter the negative comments made by minusdot in their review (especially as they haven't actually reviewed the 2013 calendar, only last year's).

Obviously we all have different and very personal ideas of humour but I think to dismiss Non Sequitur as simply "not The Far Side" is hugely unfair, as the strips stand on their own merits and many are the equal of or even better than The Far Side (and I write that as a huge fan of Gary Larson's work over the years).

Non Sequitur is an often quirky, insightful, absurdist and often just downright brilliant strip, with a mixture of stand-alone single cartoons and the contunuing adventures of the little girl Danae, her imaginary friends and her extended family.

If you're not sure, just search for Non Sequitur on the web and try before you buy.

Personally I loved the 2012 Non Sequitur calendar (as I did the 2011 and 2010 calendars) and I'm really hoping to get this 2013 version in my Christmas stocking; if not I'll be buying it myself.
on 3 January 2013
I'll augment KSum's review: the Non Sequitur calendar should be considered on its own merit.
The publisher actually scores an own goal by putting "Far Side type humour" on the cover: it isn't. Comparison is unfair on both cartoonists. I've bought these cartoon-to-a-day desk calendars for a few years, Miller's work isn't necessarily ROTFL funny every day; that's not his style. However, it is intelligent, shrewdly observant, often politically satirical & sometimes a little surreal. I enjoy the occasional series of cartoons on Danae & her family (real & imaginary). In her subversive plans, the girl could be a relative of Bill Amend's Jason Fox; another cartoon character intent on moulding the world to his suiting.

It entertains me, makes me think and I laugh when it's funny. I'm about to order the 2013 calendar on Amazon as no-one gave me one for Xmas. Boo!
on 17 March 2014
Always funny. Always topical. Always entertaining. Use every day to wake up the morning with a smile. Worth every penny!
on 13 January 2013
I get this calendar every year -- start the day with a laugh or a wry grin at the satire...
on 23 November 2012
I'm sure this will be more of the same.

The cover promises Far Side type humour... but inside there're few laughs to be had at all.