Customer reviews

on 20 April 2017
It's got lots of stuff that I haven't found anywhere else.
on 22 October 2011
I purchased this manual along with the DreamWeaver software. Without the manual I would have been completely at sea with the software. The instructions are very clearly written and the tutorials are excellent. Particularly liked the tinyurl refs to other tips and tricks on the web. Well worth the money.
on 11 February 2012
Fantastic.
I've been using Dreamweaver in its various guises for years and am pretty much self taught.
This fills in all the gaps in my knowledge and then some.
I need some hints on making my site dynamic. It gives you all the information you could ever need.
Highly recomended.
on 15 December 2011
The book contains all ins and outs you would expect Adobe to provide with the program. The tutorials give a fantastic insight what the program is capable of and at the same time provides easy working experience.
on 28 June 2012
After having gone through, very frustrated, Adobe's DW CIB (avoid!!!), this one really is the thing.
Nearly 1200 pages packed with useful information presented in a clear concise manner seems to give answers to a lot that frustrated me with the DW CIB.
One thing is that the instructions and the comments here are arranged as they should be, easy and intuitive to follow. And they seem to cover most of DW's enormous capabilities.
The DW CIB is just the opposite, you have to ween out next step buried in a confusing text and missing information.

So, at £5 less than the DW CIB, the 'missing manual' is the only sensible choice in all respects.
on 3 January 2012
When I first started reading this book I had absolutely no idea of how dreamweaver worked.
Now I already built a really good site and this book was my only reference.
It 's very easy to follow and understand. I recommend it 100%.
on 25 September 2011
very good very complete, though the humour isn't quite up to the standard of the earlier versions. A bit tough for beginners, who may have to go through things more than once, it definetly becomes easier with experience
on 25 May 2012
I had been using Dreamweaver MX for a number of years and had picked up a reasonable working knowledge of the product. I finally decided to upgrade to Adobe Design Centre CS5.5 and immediately regretted it. The considerable changes to the way Dreamweaver uses CSS left me completely bamboozled and I had a number of sites that I was struggling to maintain with the new software - mainly because of my lack of website structure and the enhancements to web design that CS5.5 introduced and sort of assumed the user knew about. This book is great. Maybe not too good for absolute beginners, but for someone who has had some training in Dreamweaver it bridges all the gaps, lots of stuff about CSS, Sprites, Widgets and it takes you through lots of examples and there are lots of example files and tutorials available for download (instead of a CD/DVD stuck in the book). It has transformed my website writing from enthusiastic hacker to pretty much a competent coder. I now love cs5.5 and won't hesitate getting more of the Missing Manuals series for other products when I need them.
on 14 May 2013
Dreamweaver is a huge programme, but unlocking its power can be daunting. This manual is equally huge, and I've had no chance to do more than dip into it so far, but from that experience I can see that it will be an essential guide to improving my skills at building websites. I only wish I'd bought it originally, rather than messing about for months with one or two other lesser guides.
on 6 December 2012
Helped enormously with my project for my foundation degree. Lots of interesting examples and it was easy to follow and my enthusiasm for Dreamweaver never faltered.