Customer reviews

on 27 January 2011
I bought this book and the Albahari's LINQ pocket reference together. They are very handy for reminding oneself, without having to wade through dozens of pages of guff, as one frequently has to to extract the same information from one of the "heavyweight" 1000+ page books on the same subject.

Invaluable.
on 28 July 2012
Skip past all the waffle and extra details and cut to the bare minimum to get to grips.. If I can learn something broadly in 10 pages then its 100x better than wading through a 1000 page tome on the same subject.. I can always go to that later.. I've got many years experience so I was just looking for a guide to the latest language features. Linq mainly. I also got the C#4 in a nutshell book - but its a pretty ridiculously large nutshell at over 1000 pages.. Seriously, who has time for that ?
on 24 December 2011
Excellent reference, but also includes enough (small) examples to introduce each topic. I've ordered 'C# In A Nutshell' partly as a consequence of obtaining this reference.

I now have nine of these reference guides and this is probably the best! I think it might almost be possible to learn the language from this book alone (given prior confidence in another language).
on 6 March 2013
I am a seasoned programmer but, due to client requirements, I have only just had to start learning a dotnet language, so I chose c#.

I chose this book because it was a 'pocket' reference, so I assumed I could get the basics from it and then flesh out the rest from scouring the web. However, to my surprise, this book is far more than a pocket reference. After a brief explanation of each subject, it then gives you one or more examples in a very simple manner so you are not unduly confused, rather than trying to show a complete application every time.

If you already know some c# then this book is probably ok just to keep as a reference. But if, like me, you are new to it, you can't go far wrong reading this first.

In summary, if you are learning c#, you need this book.
on 17 August 2011
In these days of web forums and technical blogs there is still a need for a book about C#. This one gives a great overview of the language and is a mine of useful information about this powerful language.
on 21 July 2013
I found this book to be a very useful learning tool. Well worth the buy for someone who is beginner in the subject area, and looking to progress their knowledge.
on 6 October 2014
If you haven't gone ebook yet, this is a good sized reference for the desk or bag