Customer reviews

on 7 September 2017
I kind of expected it to include Restful services, but it only includes Soap. I am not into Soap anymore, probably just my thing.
on 30 July 2013
This is obviously only introduction to Web APIs written to point reader in the right direction in terms of tools used to work with APIs and brief description of them. Useful for beginners like me.
on 28 May 2015
This is actually a really good book on PHP web services, written in a very clear style. I've found it exceptionally useful and it now lives on my desk (I am writing a web service API in PHP for work at the moment).
I like the fact it doesn't treat you like an idiot.
My only reservation would be that the book felt a bit short, but the author does write in a very concise way that many technical authors don't, so there's not loads of padding and repeated stuff.
Anyway, I'll be looking out for more books by Lorna Jane Mitchell in the future.