One Night in Italy
Format: Hardcover|Change

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 21 November 2014
Three women are the focus in this latest Lucy Diamond release. Catherine is the first and when her husband ups and leaves she feels like she is starting all over again. We also meet Anna who has recently discovered her father who she has never known is Italian, and then Sophie who has returned from her many years abroad to see her ill father. The three women will meet through the Italian language course they all decide to be a part of.

The three women’s stories are told individually and you really get to know each of them before they eventually meet. Anna and Sophie I instantly liked, but for some reason I wanted Catherine to grow a backbone and she annoyed me for the first few chapters. However, when she starts to make changes to her life I warmed up to her. Sophie was my favourite and I loved the way the reader gets to discover slowly why she left the UK, and why her relationship with her parents had gone so wrong. Anna was a funny and warm character and you couldn’t help but get swept along with her in her dream to find out about her Italian roots.

The story flowed beautifully and I was transported into all of their lives and willing them to all get what they wanted out of their classes. In addition to the three main characters we also meet some of the characters at their class, and they definitely made the book complete in my eyes. Once again Lucy Diamond has managed to create a heart-warming story, which takes you away from reality for a few hours. I read this in just under 2 days and really enjoyed it. Certainly a recommended read, although ‘Summer With My Sister’ will always remain my absolute favourite!
on 26 September 2017
I enjoyed this book, which brings together three different women & their lives. From a cheating husband, a disappointed daughter to a flaming journalist, these ladies connect.
Nice easy read with some laughs in between. I enjoyed it.
on 12 October 2015
Purchased for my wife who is a Nurse, in there all too infrequent breaks she likes to read. Easy to pick up and put down she enjoys these books and as the sign above the kitchen door says, "If Mum Ain't Happy - Ain't Nobody Happy"
on 16 October 2017
This was a beautiful book and a pleasure to read - condition was good
on 13 December 2014
Friendship and love after an appalling start for three of the main characters. The Italian class was a brilliant idea and gave them all a place to meet up, and learn to enjoy Italian and each other.
on 27 April 2017
a nice story. Easy reading
on 17 June 2017
So good
on 15 May 2017
a
on 15 October 2015
I really like Lucy Diamonds style of writing.
on 6 January 2016