The Sunne in Splendour
Format: Paperback|Change

on 29 May 2017
This was a wonderful coverage of a much malaigne king - distorted by Tudor Historian - which we have tended believe BUT it told the life from his side and gave us his true and endearing feelings for family and wife. I am so glad I read this book and I felt very emotional at his last fight - with the battle and his demons. This will live with me forever - and I do intend to call in at Leceister now and pay homage to a great and caring man.
on 28 December 2013
This portray s the life of Richard lll in a sensitive and compassionate way. After your read this book you what to believe Richard is a devoted brother, husband, uncle. all the evidence suggest he was a open, just and fair man.
Oh but doesn't mud stick.
on 7 June 2017
Splendid book on all aspects of the Wars of the Roses. Absolutely absorbing. Really enjoyable and historically accurate.
on 22 May 2017
An excellent book. It was long and held me captivated until the last page. Very, very good. Well done, Penman,
on 5 May 2015
This is a good story, but I am not keen on fake middle English. However,when this book was written a long time ago now, 'middle Englishe' was in fashion,these days I think it better simply to give a flavour of the times.
on 5 April 2017
Wonderful and very well reserched book,gripping throughout and we see the real person that was King Richard the third and not the "crook backed Dick"as created by Sheaspeare.I would advise anyone who has an interest in the history of England to purchase this masterpiece.
on 24 November 2013
Is it accurate? It's surely plausible, inasmuch as anyone can say with surety.

Is it biased? It's pro-Richard, pro-York, so of course it's biased... but not at the expense of historical fidelity. The author takes the same facts as a pro-Lancastrian author would and interprets them in favour of York.

Is it a good read? Very. Thirty years on it's as captivating and moving as it was when I first read it. It made me a Ricardian and it would again.
on 17 January 2018
excellent novel on Richard duke of Gloucester. Makes him out to be a real person, not the monster the Tudors made us thin he was.over 1000 pages so good value for money
on 30 May 2015
Really well written book i could not put it down.
on 23 March 2014
An excellent historical novel painting a vivid picture of the Plantagenet court of Edward IV and his brothers and their lives and battles to maintain the House of York. A truly compelling read.