Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 12 October 2013
I, like many others, have seen and loved the films and only decided to indulge in the books ahead of the new third instalment. Really surprised at just how much I enjoyed the books. Whilst Bridget is...well...Bridget, I was pleased at how there are lots of differences between the books and the films, particularly the second. The book is less farcical than the portrayal in the film. Would definitely recommend Bridget fans to buy and read these books
on 18 January 2014
Read these books when they were first published and loved them than, now all these years later, they speak to me differently but, they're still just as great.
on 29 January 2014
A really good read with some great comedy moments. Can't wait for the film and to find out who will be playing the part of Brigitte's love interests!
on 27 January 2014
Couldn't believe managed to get both books for such a reasonable price!
Brilliant reads, can't wait to start on the next one!
on 23 January 2014
I loved the films but was a bit disappointed on reading the book, she seemed to waffle on a bit too much, but good story.
on 21 January 2014
It starts off in a weird place so takes a bit of getting into. Funny in parts, but some of it seems forced.
on 6 February 2015
Will never not love this book and sequel. We are all Bridget in someway or another and we will never not dream of finding our Mark Darcy!!! Timeless love story that captures a long lost era before whatapp FB texting and Twitter ruined it all for us!!
on 28 July 2014
Such a classic - what can I really say??
A good, funny read, but very frank in how a thirty-something views the world and how the world seems to see them.
If it was part of the school curriculum how easier my twenties would have been!
on 16 April 2015
I kinda liked the movie I watched while cooking dinner on a random Friday evening,it was somewhat entertaining. In general I prefer the books to the film, wanted a light read for a change, and so I got this. I didn't like the books at all. I didn't like the style of writing, I didn't like the author's use of "oh-so cool slang", which seemed to be quite artificial to me, and I had a hard time finishing even the first one. Gave up on the second. It was actually incredibly boring, and I just couldn't manage to "like" the heroine. For once I prefer a movie to a book, I think that's a "first" for me.
on 22 December 2013
Bought this to refresh my memory before reading thew new, third novel. But I found myself skipping parts & did feel a bit old.