on 8 January 2014
Amusing in parts, very tense in others. This is a great thriller with a supernatural edge. I read this in one sitting - couldn't put it down.
Extremely well written and paced.
Having heard about Richard's passing earlier in the year, I found myself wanting some nostalgic reading. After all I loved the tales he wove within the Twilight Zone, and I've also enjoyed other books that the author had written, but for me, having really enjoyed the Kevin Bacon film " A Stir of Echoes", I'd never taken the time to sit back and read the tale that inspired it.

So without as a tribute to the author, I finally decided to bite the bullet and get round to it. Its wonderfully written, has some great prose and whilst showing its age, it does entertain the reader as they weave their way throughout this cracking story. Back this up with some wonderful turns of phrase, great dialogue and a wonderful arc all round makes this something special to savour.
on 29 December 2013
Wonderfully written book, a real page turner. The late Richard Matheson was a great writer. If you liked this book you should consider downloading I am Legend and What Dreams May Come.
on 10 August 2016
Another great from R Matheson, need to re-watch the Kevin Bacon film now, as was sometime ago that I watched it.
on 13 January 2017
Downloaded this after having read I am legend and it was brilliant. Am going to try another of his books
on 15 December 2014
Couldnt put this book down
on 19 July 2014
I did not like this book. The story seems to be interesting, but the way it is told made it difficult to read for me. Too much dialogue and not enough feel for the setting and characters. As a result it felt flat and shallow. Shame, because it could have been so much better.

I thought the main character's wife was supposed to be a goody, but she irritated me. The male character came across as a weak and indecisive individual. Ghostly apparitions and paranormal events failed to engage or interest.

I found myself skipping paragraphs and pages, which I do not usually do.

I expected more after reading about this writer on the web
on 7 June 2015
I never suspected who the murderer was until the end. I would certainly recommend this book.
on 20 September 2015