Format: Paperback|Change

on 21 January 2016
This is our household's FAVOURITE picture book. It comes everywhere with us! It is sweet, very funny, with great illustrations and a great rhyming text, and it has a wonderful moral that hard work and honesty always trumps deceit! The BEST BEST BEST. I've bought so many copies for every friend that I've lost count. We've also bought Tor Freeman's other books and they are also super.
on 8 February 2014
I like this book immensely. It is funny, and the rhyming is clever. The illustrations are also excellent. My son enjoys the story- and I have a good chuckle too... all in all, a good book! Like another poster, we received this as a gift, and now I am buying copies for friends. Think that says it all!
on 18 June 2013
Our family has always been a fan of Tor Freeman's books, but we've really been blown away by this new one - it's brilliant!! The drawings are so witty, and the detail is incredible - I found myself having another look after the kids were finished with it! Unlike so many kids' books, this is great fun for the adult as well as the child, as there's so much to enjoy with the clever rhymes and hilarious drawings. This is surely destined to become a classic...
on 2 August 2016
My two year old twin boys are obsessed with this book. My husband and I both have to read it to them every night at bedtime, they simply can't get enough and get very upset if I try to read them anything else to relieve my boredom! They don't care much for the story but they love pointing out all the things they know and can name and there is so much in this book for them to look at...lots of animals, a workshop full of tools...who ever thought they would say "No, that's not a cat, that's a meerkat playing a tuba"?! Just bought a second copy as the first was so well "loved" by their little toddler hands.
on 19 August 2013
We were given this book as a gift. I've been busy purchasing it for all our friends! This reminds me so much of the Richard Scarry books we loved as kids. The pictures are works of art, so much to look at and full of humour. The text is so clever, and due to its rhyming nature, I'm sure would appeal to the very young as well as older kids in the same way that Julia Donaldson's work does. It's so nice to find something different.
on 20 April 2014
My little boys loves this and I've read it loads of times, lovely illustrations and lots of opportunities for creating your own sound effects to bring the story to life.
on 20 July 2014
Nice book, slightly different - set out a bit like a comic, with lots of pictures and speech bubbles. Good rhymes. My son, age 5, enjoyed it.
on 28 May 2015
My 7yo's absolute favourite. Lovely rhythmic rhymes and a fun story teaching values about getting what you pay for and dodgy tradesmen!
on 23 July 2015
We absolutely love this book. The rhyming is brilliant and its hilarious!
on 14 December 2014