Format: Paperback|Change

on 13 June 2017
Very exiting !
I couldn't sleep at night if I read it in bed it was so exiting . The 9/11 part had me in tears . I laughed out load at one of the characters. Was scared when the main character was being chased by a truck driver. Hated the main villain. All in all it was a brilliant read .
I have only just discovered Jeffery Archer. The only other books of his I have read are the Cliffton chronicles which were exceptionally good. I have recommended them to other people and they now are Jeffery Archer readers.
on 12 January 2012
False Impression was lacking a little something that would stir my senses. It is a well-written book but it is not a great book as the plot is predictable and there are no twists and turns (everything falls nicely into place.) Certainly good for passing the time whilst travelling or as a bedtime read. It is not a book I am likely to re-read to try to get more understanding of the characters and situations because there wasn't much depth to it. I can't give it any less than 4 stars, however, because Mr Archer's writing is still good. I guess you'll have to read it and form your own opinion. :)
on 11 March 2017
I am a great Jeffrey Archer fan and this book did not disappoint. I highly recommend this book as an excellent read. :)
on 16 June 2017
Nearly packed in after the first 40 pages but glad I didn't. Good story and well written
on 28 March 2006
Jeffrey Archer's return to thrilling fiction in FALSE IMPRESSION -- set in post-9/11 features a strong woman protagonist, who is both an art lover & Van Gogh expert, working in the acquisitions department of a finance corporation. She has learnt that her employer has a hidden agenda, that would make money-hawkers look like saints.
On the morning of that fateful day Anna is unceremoniously fired over an alleged failure in securing a Van Gogh deal, the work having been stolen & the owner murdered. Moments later American Airlines Flight 11 slams into the North Tower of the World Trade Center & in the aftermath everyone thinks Anna has perished.
Anna, however, is very much alive, & fired by thoughts of revenge & restoring the Van Gogh to its rightful owners, she sets out around the world to find the stolen treasure, with an FBI agent & an assassin dogging her footsteps, yet it is only after returning to New York that she finally unravels the mystery.
From the moment you pick this up, you will not want to put it down. Like all the best books, you just keep turning the pages until you have read the last one.
Enjoy!
on 17 May 2016
Fast moving, brilliant plot could not wait to pick it up- not usual for Archer thought It was another author
on 14 June 2017
Good read
on 27 April 2017
Great read
on 13 April 2017
I enjoyed this book very much
on 14 June 2015
I just could not put it down,it is a fabulous book and what more can I say. It kept me mesmerised