Format: Paperback|Change

on 8 June 2016
A typical Sue Grafton alphabet series. Full of interesting story developments backed by a measure of detail. Only weakness is the method of ending the novel by means of an epilogue that sometimes leaves loose ends dangling (and unsolved). A good read nevertheless. This review can be taken as a critique of others in the series.
on 9 December 2013
love the Sue Grafton books, they may not be the most perfect books but can be relied up on to give you a good read everytime, if you want transporting away for a few hours relaxation and to enjoy the trip then these are the books to do that
on 4 September 2015
I've been reading the ”alphabet books for many years and am now catching up on the ones I missed. This one has a strong plot about types of people I am sure we can all recognise. As for the ending; wow, I didn't see that one coming.
on 12 April 2014
As with all the Sue Grafton alphabet books they are individual stories but reading A - W Kinsey Millhone, the female Private Detective grows and not only do you read about the case in question but it follows her love life or lack of at times and are really enjoyable reads. This is my third time going through the series as I first had them in books and are now transferring to my kindle and I know in future I shall read them again.
on 18 September 2013
Another cracking read from Sue Grafton. I love Kinsey and the people in her life and am interested in what happens to her. This one introduces some new people into Kinsey's life but she's not sure she wants to welcome them in.

This time Kinsey is looking for someone who's already supposed to be dead and it takes her away from her usual routine. As usual catching the bad guy isn't straightforward and has some hazards along the way but she gets there in the end ... Or does she?
I love Kinsey Millhone, her character gets better and better as these books progress but for some reason I didn't warm to this story too much. Maybe it was that Wendell was so fundamentally unlikeable I didn't care if he was alive or dead. I don't know. Still very enjoyable nontheless.
on 12 January 2013
Sue Grafton writes well and her main characters are well thought out and develop over the course of the series. Having previously read to U is for undertow in book form - now revisiting series on kindle. Her books are not formulaic and J is for Judgement has great twists and turns.
on 26 November 2008
I really enjoy this series of books, every single one I have read has been a book that I just couldn't put down. This one is a bit different, there is just something about the story that makes it difficult to get involved in. Kinsey Millhone is a great character and the books are well worth reading but start at 'A is for Alibi' and follow them through in order, if you read this one first it may just put you off.
on 27 November 2009
Sue Grafton has hit on a great formula and I don't use that term in a derogatory way. She sets up the story in detail and with humour and humanity. Our heroine, Kinsey, is someone who grows on you book by book and does silly things as well as clever ones showing endearing traits as well as frustrating ones. The writing is good with varied pace and doesn't involve tracts of technical detail. So if you don't know the books, this will be atreat for you and you needn't start at A and work through them, though having read one, I tried to do this. Each stands alone and gives you an interesting detective story with thriller elements and witha realistic and sympathetic heroine, and one with whom both women and men can identify with little trouble.
on 29 June 2012
I read Sue grafton's books through the Library until I exhausted their supply. I have since bought a Kindle and I have started to read them again from A is for Alibi.