on 1 September 2013
Having read the Viking books by Tim Severin, it was no surprise to find the Saxon first book to be written with the same excitement that draws the reader into the story. I will now start reading the next book in the Saxon series.
on 20 August 2013
Historical fiction at its finest.
I couldn't put this book down, its is written so well that the next intrigue you assume is on the next page, so you just keep going.
I can't wait for the next installment.
on 28 October 2013
I very much like Tim Severin and his style of writing, but I must admit that this 1st book in the Saxon series was quite hard to get into. It was very slow to get going and I am afraid to say finished the same way.
on 1 March 2015
I hadn't ever heard of this author but the book was chosen for our book club, unfortunately. I feel that the book has been written for young teenagers certainly not adults. I found it very disappointing.
JJ
on 20 January 2015
Having read Tim Serverin,s Viking series I was interested to see if this next series would compare favourably with it. l was not disappointed l could not stop turning the pages Excellent historic read.
on 27 June 2014
I have been reading a lot recently of the Saxons so this book came as a surprise as it was based mostly in France and Spain, but highly enjoyable anyway. I will be looking for more by the author.
on 16 September 2013
I enjoyed the way the book twisted and turned throughout the book . The various ways the story line changed made compelling reading cannot wait for the next one in the series
on 2 May 2014
Was not sure to begin with as I had not heard of this author, however, I started to read the novel, and as I got into the story, I could not put the book down.
on 26 July 2013
Having read many of Severin's previous books, Viking, Brendon the Navigator etc, I found Saxon to fit right in to the mould.
Very interesting read.
on 4 June 2014
First chapter seemed good but it quickly descended into a repetitive and superficial narrative. The characters were shallow and had no credibility.