Customer reviews

1,226
Format: Paperback|Change

on 13 July 2014
Very good book could not put it down captured the essense o
Of the early sixties in the south of
America and the plight of the poorer families
on 23 February 2014
Another great book from Diane Chamberlain, she is one of my favourite writers. This book brings to light how hard life was and how bigoted people were.
on 6 May 2014
Gripping, couldn't put this down. This book gripped me from the start, could really feel for the characters, would certainly read another of her books.
on 20 April 2014
I've only recently discovered this author, and I love everything I've read so far. Intriguing stories with a twist at the end.
Real page-turners.
on 12 September 2015
This is my first Diane Chamberlain book but it won't be my last. I liked the style of writing and the way each chapter was about one of the characters.
on 2 January 2014
Having read a few of her books already. I have really enjoyed this one just as much as the others. They all have a similar flair which is easy to read.
on 7 November 2013
fantastic read, heart breaking and so uplifting as well, a must read for us ladies. a passion for survival and over coming proverty and dissapointment
on 6 January 2015
A tremendously moving story with exceptional characters and written with warmth and understanding of horrifically sad and frighteningly recent events.
on 14 September 2013
As with all her stories the plot is very different to any other. Sometimes I find an author has the same idea. definitely my favourite author to date.
on 25 October 2013
Great book and such a sad story to think that this could really happen to people and did all those years ago.... made my cry at times as it was so sad