Customer reviews

1,226
Format: Paperback|Change

on 4 March 2016
Had not read this author before but this was a really good book.
I loved the story and the characters.Have downloaded another of her books and will look forward to reading it .
on 5 July 2014
Fan bloody tastic.......I was gripped from the very start of this read to the very end. I loved everything about it. In fact it took me about12 hours to complete it. Just great
on 7 November 2013
Only just discovered Diane Chamberlain recently and have now read all her books. Highly recommend. I am now buying an e reader so I can read the ones not available in paperback
on 6 June 2014
A thought provoking story that brought shock horror upon learning it's origin. As ever, both this & the prequel "First lie" beautifully written by this talented author!
on 22 October 2014
As always a book of the heart that makes you think what would I do? Unfortunately you hear a lot about young people committing suicide these days and the book highlights this.
on 29 December 2013
I couldn't put this book down it was impossible to believe it was based on true life and that these things were done to young people well written a very thought provoking read
on 30 November 2013
Very enjoyable book, easy to pick up. Felt the way the book was written and the way the characters are portrayed is really lovely and makes the book what it is... Nice ending.
on 28 October 2014
A magnificently told story acknowledging an appalling period in American's 20th century social history. Diane Chamberlain is a gifted writer - the subject was a difficult one.
on 28 January 2015
Good read and enlightening about the eugenics programme, unbelievable. the final couple of chapters seemed a bit rushed and different in style. Nevertheless glad I chose it.
on 4 September 2013
I'm a fan of Diane Chamberlain and have enjoyed her books for many years , This one is a cant put down book , I would recommend it to a friend as I thoroughly enjoyed it .