on 21 November 2000
This is a great story, which follows the life of a David Morgan, a man who has it all but isn't satisfied.
The book is essentially divided into two sections, the first follows a restless David as he searches for his calling until he eventually meets Deborah and joins the Israeli airforce. The second half follows the life of the two after they both undergo horrific injuries of war and how their love allows them to see past it.
I've read many Wilbur Smith books and although this isn't his best, it is definitely worth a read. The 4 star rating is in comparison to his other excellent books such as "River God" and "Eye of the Tiger" both of which I recommend.
on 7 December 2014
I already own both a hard back and a soft back version, both personally signed by Wilbur Smith when he visited Beverely for a book signing session. I queued for over an hour for that and this from someone who has walked out of a supermarket rather than queue!!!
I am an avid Wilbur Smith fan and have read all his novels but was stunned by the depth of feeling in this story. I have read this story three times now, the last time on my iPad. If you have feelings, don't miss this one
on 22 May 2017
I read this book a good few years ago and having just read it again still think it one of the best by Wilbur Smith and I have read most of his books now but prefer the earlier ones as this one.
on 16 January 2015
I read this book when it first came out and now I have read it again and I like it more than ever. I think it is the best book that Wilbur Smith has written and I have read most of them..
VJT
on 18 July 2017
Yes, really enjoyed this book. Lots of adventure and diamonds is a new thing to me so interesting.
on 31 May 2017
Wilbur Smith always writes a good book and this is no exception
on 14 June 2017
Present for my father which he was thrilled with and arrived promptly.
on 7 May 2017
Not as good as his previous books and nowhere in the same class as the Courtney, series but well worth a read.
on 8 April 2017
His later ones are better
on 12 June 2017
Husband says it was great