on 15 October 2017
There is so much fantastic liberating advice here. I am thinking of the way to deal with anxiety, the difference between financial budgeting and planning and the difference between happiness and flourishing. These are all pressing issues to me as I am going through a huge transformation in how I see and manage money. I used to leave all my bills unopened - now I track my spending and plan ahead. This is painful many times but necessary and I am grateful to this book for the philosophical motivation to keep plugging away at that.

My one criticism is that, while it is good to be vulnerable and give personal examples of his own difficult relationship with money (among many others - this is by no means a self indulgent book), his basic premise that you will never be rich so just accept it is problematic. He clearly sees himself as struggling financially when many would envy his situation. Income is fluid. - even for the employed as there are always opportunities in today's world that ironically many of the concepts here allow us to take advantage of.

In conclusion read this! It's worth it
on 10 September 2017
Excellent item and great service!
on 14 June 2015
Arrived in good time and was actually brand new despite being described as used. I wanted this book to help me understand some of the anxieties I have surrounding money. It didn't reference my main anxiety but it is definitely an interesting read and one for the bookcase.
on 7 November 2013
This moves away from the normal money books describing 'how to spend less' or 'how to save money' and looks at motivations for peoples differing attitudes to money. Easy to read.
on 1 October 2012
This is a simple read, it uses simple uncomplicated examples to explain the concepts. As a starter it's a great way to introduce the different emotional connections to money and how people view money.
on 9 October 2012
I found this book to be both insightful and interesting, the concept of money as a tool really resonated with me. Some of the sections can be a little hard to follow but overall would recommend this book to anyone wanting to get a different perspective on money
on 4 November 2016
A really helpful and practical book that has changed the way I think about money. I very much recommend it.
on 23 March 2016
An interesting take on what money means to us.
on 11 March 2014
This was a great book.New way of looking at money and lots to think about.It discusses thinking about how you should use your money to flourish.
on 22 April 2015
Refreshing and reassuring, this is a wonderfully accessible book that makes a lot of sense, I really enjoyed reading it.