Customer reviews

Into Thin Air
Format: Paperback|Change

on 7 November 2017
I am not a climber and only bought this book because it was recommended on a radio programme. It is haunting, scary and brutal but I could barely put the book down. This must have been painful to write, and there is an honesty in the acceptance that neurological impairment has made all versions of honesty more questionable than the usual bias of individual perspective and view. This book speaks to questions that go to heart of people in extreme circumstances, even more intriguing because they choose to be there, driven perhaps, but stil a choice. I think the book was written with as open a mind as is possible and I hope I read it the same way.
on 4 January 2017
You can not put this down... it's like you are there on the mountain. Even though you know what happens it still shocks...
on 23 October 2017
Brilliantly written. Very emotionally told. Great book.
on 18 May 2017
Fascinating read. I know the accuracy of the accounts is always in dispute, giving rise to a story rather than a "true" account, but this still makes for a gripping read. Everest sounds truly brutal, but wonderfully amazing at the same time.
on 22 November 2017
Very interesting account of what took place on Everest in 1996. Enjoyed his style of writing and in fact I enjoyed the book so much that I read the whole thing in just two days!
Would recommend to anyone who is interested in getting more details on the account than what was included in the "Everest" film.
on 11 August 2017
Fabulous read
on 3 June 2017
Brilliant!!!
on 15 May 2017
Good descriptive read, kept my attention. Read The Climb by Anatoli Boukreev before I read this, bit of cross over on what happened on that tragic day....next to read is Left for Dead by Beck Weathers....