Format: Paperback|Change

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 6 November 2015
As a newbie to quilting I wanted to buy
a book of projects that would test my
new skills.
I wanted a book that had easy projects
that could be finished quickly
so I could get something to show
what I have learnt but wouldn't take too long.
This book meets all these expectations
and so much more!

The projects are classic and beautiful.
They are fun, useful & pretty.
The book is packed full of eleven projects
for you to make.

Each of the projects start with the materials
you will need.
Then you find the directions.
The directions are clearly split down into
step-by-step instructions.
They are very clear and easy to understand.
It's easy to follow each of the steps
to complete your projects.

As a newbie I would of liked all of the projects to have
some pictures showing the different stages
of making the projects.
The project where the illustrations are supplied
with the directions are clear and very easy
to understand.

The back of the book has all the templates
you required to make your projects.

Overall I love this book.
The projects are varied and I can honestly
say I want to make all of them.
Great value for money.
on 23 March 2013
Does what it says on the tin and most suitable for a beginner. The ideas themselves are certainly not ground breaking but definitely achievable and could be adapted by those with more experience.
on 17 April 2013
This is a pretty book with lots of good pictures and the instructions seem well laid out and clear but it is definitely most suited to those just beginning to sew. I wouldn't even say it was for those who want to do patchwork and quilting as such. A couple of the cushions had blocks in them but nothing very difficult, and some things like the juggling balls and the little tote bags are not quilted at all. . The book is also very short - only 32 pgs. long so that was a little disappointing too. It is really just a pattern book and there is nothing about tools and equipment or basic techniques for the absolute beginner the patterns would interest most.

I think this one might end up beginning ignored on the shelf until I need a quick make as a craft fair donation or something but even then I will probably forget i have it as there are dozens of similar projects easily available for free on the Net.
on 19 April 2013
Great service - book clear and concise. Many simple sewing projects all clearly explained. Highly recommended. Good starter book for learners.
on 24 October 2013
a great buy. so many projects to sew. I am spoiled for choice. esy to understand .some easy projects others more challenging
on 4 May 2013
great to make for my new to arive great grandaughter.hope i can use all the patchwork
very satisfied with it eileen
on 29 December 2014
A small book that does what it says in the title. Gives you 11 Quick and Easy Quilting Patterns. I've made up two or three already and find the instructions clear enough to follow and the end result looks just like the picture.
on 5 January 2014
This book arrived very quickly, despite the Christmas postal rush. It's full of amazing quick & easy quilting/patchwork projects that I'm sure I'll enjoy making & teaching to my beginner students. I'd highly recommend this book to new patchworkers.
on 15 August 2013
very thin book, not great ideas and very hard to follow! The pictures are nice and inspired me a little, but the instructions were extremely hard to follow!
on 6 July 2013
IT IS A GOOD LITTLE BOOK WITH LOTS OF GREAT instructions and patterons topatchwork and quilt thankyou very muchI would recomend this book anyone.