on 11 April 2013
I have been a keen follower of the Pink Whisk blog since Ruth appeared on the Great British Bake Off and I can safely say every recipe of hers I have ever followed has turned out brilliant. This book is no exception. I have just made the Victoria sponge cake and its the nicest I've ever made. The instructions are so easy to follow and are fool proof.
I have 3 boys like Ruth so I don't have time shopping for random ingredients I've never heard of, and that's what I like about Ruth's recipes. They are simple yet taste far superior to more complex recipes.
The cake recipes all appeal to me and the combinations used are just up my street, like ginger and lime drizzle cake. Great book think I might have to ditch all other baking books and stick to this one.
on 30 October 2013
Super easy book to follow full of no nonsense instructions and lots of very handy little tips to follow.
Got this book for my Kindle. While I prefer to actually have a cookery book in my hands to follow instructions I simply cannot accommodate any more space for cookery books, so it's great, can take the kindle with me when shopping for ingredients, I know you could write a list but I often start shopping for ingredients then decide to make another recipe so like to have book handy to browse for other yummy things.
All in all a super book certainly better than many other baking books I have for which it's impossible to find ingredients unless you live in London or can afford large quantities of specialist stuff on line.
Would not hesitate to recommend this book to anyone who just wants to bake some very tasty simple bakes, which can be dressed up or down according to the occasion.
on 18 May 2013
Excellent instructions, easy to follow and written in simple, chatty style. The recipes are all ones that any of us would be likely to want to bake every day, not way-out, fancy creations that we wouldn't use. Love, love, love it!
on 22 June 2013
Exactly what I needed to get perfect results every time. Step-by-step photographic guides, simple advice and insider myth-busting tips and tricks - just the most useful and helpful baking book ever. I will keep this book by my side whenever I bake as the techniques can be used alongside recipes from other books. Why has no-one thought of this approach before? Ideal for beginners but also for occasional bakers like me who need to be reminded of basic skills when wanting to get extra-special results for family occasions.
on 27 April 2015
Had this on my wish list for a while then I deleted because I thought why do you need another cake book (I have too many!). Then I received an email from Pink Whisk detailing the lemon and elderflower drizzle cake, so checked the price, not too expensive and took the plunge and purchased and I am more than happy with this recipe book.
on 16 May 2013
This is an excellent book. I have tried 3 of the recipes and they turned out great. It has full instructions with every recipe which are clear and easy to follow. Would recommend this book. Can't wait for her next book.
on 9 July 2013
Although I feel I must confess to having a few hundred cookery books - and I do promise my husband "no more" - I sent for this having looked inside via Amazon. It arrived today, and I am really, really impressed with the entire contents. It is truly a lovely book, really practical, informative, and does not cram your head full of things you don't understand. I would recommend this for a novice baker of cakes - but is also brilliant for someone older, who has been baking for some years. Go on, order it now, you will not be disappointed.
on 21 March 2013
I am not much of a baker preferring savouries but have just made Ruth Clemens Baker Extraordinaire (Great British Bake Off) - from her The Pink Whisk Guide To Cake Making recipe for Homemade Tea Cakes and they are fab. Mine are a slightly funny shape and the fruit is trying to escape a couple but they look and taste great and I am quite impressed with myself and very impressed with Ruth and her recipes! I shall practice and am encouraged to try her Berry Tea Loaf. Ruth's style is practical an homely and I for one need telling hold on to the mixer or it may jump onto the floor. I am looking forward to trying her Berry Tea Loaf and Ginger Lime Drizzle cake. If I can do it anyone can.
on 7 September 2013
I'm an avid watcher of The Great British Bake-off. Ruth clearly explains techniques for beginners very easy to follow,I have tried some of the recipes and they have turned out really well. I hope she writes more cookbooks A must have cookbook to sit along all the well known books I have and will be used often Well recommended.
on 30 April 2013
The book arrived on time and the cakes in it are fab I've tried about four so far and I have been pleasantly surprised by all of them they are great and the family love them....