Customer reviews

Cushions & Quilts: Quilting Projects to Decorate your Home
Format: Paperback|Change

on 11 May 2017
This is a very inspiring book with lots of beautiful ideas and projects. I'm now hooked on needle turn applique!!
on 4 August 2017
Book was immaculate, and arrived within 2 days. Thank you
on 27 December 2013
This is a visually appealing book and some of the ideas are very pretty. The best are shown on the front cover and they are gorgeous and I can easily imagine them in someone's home. There are one or two other projects which I can imagine people making. The rest of the book consists of quilts and cushions covered in cows, sheep, horses and carts, farmers and fields. I can't really imagine anybody making them to use in the home. Also some of the suggestions are a little strange, such as rolling a 18 inch square cushion in half to fit into a 13 inch by 19 inch vintage button cushion case as you might have trouble getting hold of a cushion of appropriate dimensions. Why not make the pattern to fit a 18 inch cushion in the first place? This is a lovely coffee table book if you are a lover of quilting, but if you are interested in purchasing a book that contains projects for you to use in your home I would advise you to look elsewhere.
on 7 August 2013
I highly recommend this most inspirational book. Very clear instructions and lots of wonderful ideas, and a bonus of many templates. Just lovely.
on 8 August 2013
Got some great ideas from this book and am sewing some of the project today. Highly recommend this little book.
on 6 September 2013
I have done many classes at Cowslip, and this wonderful book by Jo Colwill is just like spending a fun day with her teaching and encouragement. I have just made the Flower Bed Quilt as a wedding present for my god-daughter and it looks fabulous. I am so thrilled. A lovely book to keep you inspired - highly recommended for patchwork lovers.
on 25 August 2013
Fabrics are ready for the heart cushion and I just love the cushion with the cow, illustrations are good, and different fastenings on the cushions I really like .
on 7 October 2013
Can't rate this book highly enough. There are numerous beautiful and useful projects included with step by step instructions. The layout is brilliant with plenty of photo's to guide you and show you the finished projects. Highly recommended
on 5 September 2013
This is a gorgeous book, with inspirational projects that are accessible to stitchers of all levels. Fabulous use of materials, both new and recycled/vintage. I keep it at my bedside, as it is lovely to browse through with its wonderful photography.I have made cushions as gifts which have been enthusiastically received. The instructions are well written and very clear. Advent calendar for my little grandson next!
on 20 January 2014
I really like this book. It goes through. A number of different finishes that give your work a professional finish. What I really value. Though is the imaginative ideas for picture quilting that I can take ideas from without dutifully copying. I loved the dogs and the flower cushions. This book is great for people with a little experience of quilting but great inspiration for everyone.