Format: Paperback|Change

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 15 September 2012
This book contains instructions for 21 projects that you could make for Christmas, involving quilting, patchwork, appliqué and embroidery techniques. Projects include a fabric covered scrapbook, embroidered cushion, a stocking, a festive table runner and a snowy tree skirt. I'd say many of the ideas for are things you would make for yourself for Christmas rather than as a gift but there are gift ideas in there too.

I was a little confused by the techniques being at the back of the book not the front, it goes straight into the projects and I was wondering how to do some of the embroidery stitches mentioned. However, once I got to the end of the book I found a guide to the embroidery stitches used and the appliqué techniques as well as the templates (some need need enlarging). So I would recommend checking the back of the book before starting.

There are useful tips scattered throughout the book and all projects have in depth instructions as well as several photos of the close up detail as well as of the finished item.

This review also appears on The Sewing Directory.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 3 December 2015
Quilting and sewing is my latest hobby that
I am learning.
The thing that excites me the most about
possibly being able to quilt and sew
is that I'll be able to make things for our home.

As soon as I saw the title of this book I knew
it was something I wanted to buy.
I wasn't disappointed.
You can make so many amazing and beautiful
things for Christmas.
With 21 projects to quilt and stitch
I am very sure you will find something you will
want to make.

The designs are timeless and with such an
amazing quality.
Everyone will be astonished that you have made
them and they aren't shop bought.

I really love this book and the projects held within.
I love the fact that the different projects are
for different levels of quilter.
So no matter what you level is you will find something
to make.

The projects vary from items to decorate your table,
decorations for the tree or presents for
family and friends.

To top it all off there is the most amazing
quilt to make.
It's the type of quilt that can be passed down
through the family and will always be treasured
and remembered.

I cannot recommend this book highly enough.
on 12 January 2013
Bought this book for myself, hoping to make some of the things before last Christmas. However, I was a tad over optimistic and didn't make anything at all....hoping to do so for Christmas 2013! There some very pretty and useful items to make and none of them are too difficult. I particularly like the embroidered items. The book is well presented and the instructions are comprehensive and easy to understand. Thoroughly recommended.
Lots of felt, appliqué and embroidery but very little quilting therefore I find the title misleading - Quilt a Gift. This is a nice book but not what I wanted as I don't do appliqué or embroidery and if I had seen this in a bookshop would not have bought it.
on 6 December 2012
I was hoping for some big quilt projects and was a little disappointed with all the small items (stockings, table runners). That said, I really do love this book, the ideas and patterns are lovely and I'm sure I will use it for many projects
on 30 November 2012
Bought a few craft books and viewed so many more. This book and 2 others were my absolute favorties. Just got them this week and am itching to try out the recipes... only problem is to deside which project to start on.

Stitch It for Christmas
Quilt a Gift for Christmas
Quilt a Gift for Little Ones

Can not recommend enough :)
on 2 November 2013
A very good book my gran kids can help me with some of the things to make.so we are busy making Christmas Gifts
on 22 October 2015
This is a lovely book - easy to follow and so decorative - got it first from the library but wanted to own it.
on 14 February 2013
i bought it for my sister in law and she loves it thankyou for your excellent service
as always quick
on 18 December 2014
It's ok, disappointed that there was very little quilting in the book. I feel the title is misleading.