Customer reviews

on 7 August 2017
Very good recipe book with little biscuits and it is very easy to follow. Nice pictures to follow.
on 16 February 2015
Really pleased with my purchase
on 21 October 2017
Excellent in everyway
on 20 December 2012
Good all round item and service. Lovely cakes and nibbles very nicely presented book I am glad I bought it
on 21 August 2012
Bake Me I'm Your's...Sweet Bitesize Bakes features a range of baking projects with simple to follow recipes (that work!) alongside fillings and toppings and step-by-step decorating techniques.

You'll find recipes for sponge cakes, including red velvet cake, banana whoopie pie shells, macarons, madelines and coux buns.

The author, Sarah Trivuncic, is one of the UK's top food bloggers and a self-taught baker. Her style is easy to follow and there are plenty of simple step-by-step instructions and photos to guide you through a series of mini cakes, bakes and biscuits.

Sharah also shares fool-proof recipes for fillings, such as, chocolate ganache, marshmallow fluff and lemon curd, as well as showing you how to pipe, work with sugar paste and make pretty and simple decorative flowers and bows.

Once you have worked your way through the basics, there are over 25 projects in five sections to dip into - Fondant Fancies, Mini Cupcakes, Cutesy Cookies, Little Tiers and Petit Fours.

This book would be perfect for anyone looking to improve their home baking skills and take them up to the next level. There's plenty of advice on baking tools and equipment and if you follow Sarah's methods and advice, you'll be able to produce some stunning bitesize bakes!

Likewise, this book would make the perfect companion for anyone looking to host an impressive home-baked afternoon tea, bake sale or mini bakes party.
on 26 May 2012
I had eagerly awaited this title, and was pleasantly surprised by the pretty photography, clear instructions and the general layout of the whole thing. Its a small, nice sized book, not too thick and makes for a perfect gift. I feel inspired to venture into cake decorating, something I've never done before. Well done on your first publication Sarah.
6 people found this helpful
on 6 July 2012
A wonderful book for those who like to make cakes,
. Very good instructions. Well structured chapters that are easy to follow and use. Brilliant step by step photography for the various techniques.
I love the lay out and size of the book as it is small and compact but full of useful information. A great collection of recipes that work and taste delicious. Perfect as it is full of ideas for cooks of all levels. I will be using it repeatedly and find it a pleasure to read!
6 people found this helpful
on 28 September 2012
I have two other books in the Bake Me I'm Yours series which are great (cake pops and cookie)so was really looking forward to receiving this book, however it did not meet up to my expectations. Maybe I misinterpreted what it was going to be like but I was expecting mini baking recipes that maybe I could use for an afternoon tea. The range is a bit baffling especially the iced cookies of skeletons, surf board and ballerina shoes. I thought the book was beautifully photographed however some of the baked goods on show did not look like they had been decorated as carefully or as neatly as I would expect from a book. There are a few recipes I may try - mini eclairs and macaroons but I expect this is a book I will not refer to very often.
on 27 January 2014
it was christmas gift for my sister and i havent had chance to look inside nor ask her wheather she liked or not
since she doent live with me i just hope she liked it
on 1 July 2012
I have long been a fan of Sarah's, although referring to her by a 'real' name is a little odd as I am more familiar with her blog and Twitter name Maison Cupcake. Sarah started by having a bit of fun. She published pictures of cakes she was making for a street party which turned into a blog about baking and family at maisoncupcake.com. This is Sarah's first book, but hopefully there will be more to come!

A flood of excitement came over me when this little beauty arrived. It's so cute it's been on my coffee table ever since. Pretty pastels cover the front with a tempting array of mini treats to entice you in... This little book of wonder has a balance between baking and decoration, cake and pastry and easy through to difficult; so it will suit all types of bakers. The book is split into an introductory section which includes a bit of Sarah's own reasons for loving baking, useful tools and equipment, recipes, fillings and toppings and techniques. This gives you the 'tools to do the job'. Next comes five sections which looks at specific types of bakes:

Fondant Fancies
Mini Cupcakes
Cutesy Cookies
Little Tiers
Petit Fours

There's even a section at the end which gives you some templates and a list of suppliers.

Some of Sarah's ideas are really very simple yet very effective. For example the mini Victoria sponges which are actually two cupcakes with jam in the centre, are prettied up with a little sugar rose.

The styling of the book is beautiful with an almost whimsical approach to the photographs. The finished products are well accomplished but the pictures look very natural with their crumbs and slightly wobbly edges. I love this. It feels much more real than Photoshopped perfection. This is more likely to encourage even novice bakers to have a bash.

Recipes have a clear step-by-step approach, with handy little tips from the author at the bottom of each. These range from advice on the execution to putting your own stamp on something. After all, isn't that what a love of baking is all about? Perfect the method then make it your own.

My friend Dawn and I are organising a Summer Fete in July to raise funds for Royal Bolton's Neo-Natal Unit, so I'm saving my mini bakes for then. I've already eyed up some whoopie pies and got some brilliant ideas for cupcake decorations. This is the beauty of this book. Not only are you given step-by-step projects, but is a great source of inspiration for bakers at all levels.

[...]