Format: Paperback|Change

on 12 April 2012
This is a lovely book with lots of projects small, medium and large comprising of a mixture of stitching and applique - with projects to suit beginners and experienced. At the start of the book is a comprehensive guide to the stitches used for both right and left handers. Then some of the projects covered are: modern sampler with house and garden; union jack tea cozy; sewing machine cover (shaped like a shop with a sewing room and cute dog); cottage sewing case (my favourite); beach bag; home appliqued quilt(includes house/cottage, a teepee, shop front, caravan etc); gingerbread house (for Christmas). All themed around houses and the home with clear instructions and templates in the back. This book is full of cute designs, sure to please.
This book is the follow up to Stitch With Love and builds on the embroidery stitches taught in that book but also introduced appliqué and combines the two to make 20 projects based around the concept of houses and homes.

Don't worry if you don't have the first book as the author covers all the embroidery stitches needed in a useful guide at the start of the book as well as appliqué tips. The projects in the book are great, there's a tepee tent for children, a shop sewing machine cover and cottage sewing case as well as cutwork cushions which are inspired by paper cutting.

The projects are spilt into the following categories: home, tea time, sewing, pets, beach, village, garden, house and Christmas. I'm sure most people would find several projects they would love to make in this book.

This review also appears on The Sewing Directory.
on 26 June 2012
Quite a nice book with some nice makes in it.I wouldnt make all of the items in this book but there are some that I certainly would add to my 'to do' list. Such as: the lovely sewing machine cover which looks like the front of a sewing shop - the doors open to reveal storage for sewing nik naks. A fab patchwork quilt with applique motifs including a caravan, schoolhouse, teepee, chicken & chickenhouse, rabbit & hutch, beach hut, garden shed, dog & kennel, cottage, house,and tree with birdhouse. All in lovely colours. There are also some nice cushions. Also included are: a childs teepee, beachbag, bunting, deckchair, toy dog, neckerchief for dog, dog bed, sewing case in shape of cottage,applique tablecloth, union jack tea cosy, stitched sampler picture, gingerbread men tree decorations and gingerbread house. All templates at the back of book which the majority are full size - some need enlarging. As usual, instructions for decorative stitches, etc.
on 3 April 2012
This is such a gorgeous book, would recomend to any one who appreciates talent. I love it and can't wait to get sewing.
on 2 September 2012
Excellent book - simple instructions which are easy to follow, the third book from Mandy and every bit as good as the first 2 books. Stitch with Love: 11 Simple Stitches and Over 20 Easy-to-Sew Projects Quilt Yourself Gorgeous
Advice and tips along the way and in addition to this you can purchase materials from her website at dandelion designs - I have made items out of the first 2 books and have just got my material to make out of this one. Useful and practical.
on 11 July 2012
What a lovely book! I can't wait to buy Mandy's first book also - Stitch with Love! There are some great projects in Stitch at Home, my favourite is the sewing machine cover with the applique doors at the front which open to reveal pockets for your needles, scissors etc!! I cannot wait to start the projects.
on 21 June 2012
Another great book from the inspirational Mandy Shaw. I loved her first book, so was pretty sure I'd like this one. It makes me want to fill my home with lovely things and, even better, this book makes it possible for anyone to achieve, even a fairly novice beginner like me! As in Stitch With Love, this collection has an uncluttered contemporary look that's simply stunning. And it's not just for beginners but would suit any lover of stitching at all levels I'm sure. It's good to have a book with things that can be made fairly quickly but also, for me anyway, larger and more ambitious projects to aim for as I become more experienced. There's lots of help, with well-illustrated techniques and plenty of tips too along the way. I'm sure that eventually I'll be making the lovely patchwork and appliqued quilt too. I can't wait! Off to get my sewing stuff out again! What a great way to spend a day off!
on 24 August 2014
What a wonderful book to follow the first one in the series. Hope there will be more. Again very easy to read and follow instructions. Beautiful designs and projects for machine sewing and for embroidering. As a novice I can't wait to get started on one and hopefully even all the projects that are in these books. Delighted I have my copies.
on 15 December 2014
Another winner from Mandy shaw, have got 4 of her books and love them all. Her style is my style and there are sufficient projects in this book to suit all. Especially love the redwork items and Christmas section. As ever, just TRUST her methods, they do work, but can "read" and bit weird. Just do it the way she says and you will be ok.
on 25 February 2014
Got some great items to make in this book - the instruction could include a few more details/instructions, as I am a beginner, but the book itself has some really pretty sewing / craft projects in there.