Format: Paperback|Change

on 7 October 2011
I even used the 'look inside' feature before buying. I suppose I thought there would be more variety in the book. It's a nice book but I feel if I did many of the projects that I would just be creating clutter in my home! The same angel with different clothes was repeated continuously in the book. It's a pretty book, it's just a bit 'meh'!
on 14 August 2011
Ever since I started sewing about a year ago, I fell in love with Tilda (starting with Sew Pretty Homestyle: Over 35 Irresistible Projects to Fall in Love with) and have since collected the rest of her books.

Tone's designs are beautiful and showcase her range of fabrics and sewing accessories perfectly. The instructions can be a little difficult to understand at first, as they are written in paragraphs, rather than the usual dressmaking patterns I was used to, but they soon click into place.

The book includes many different accessories and things for around the home, but also includes the beloved angel dolls and a selection of new children's cuddly toys.

I'm off to start sewing! Enjoy! x
on 26 September 2011
I have all the other Tone Finnegar books so when I saw this one advertised with fresh projects I couldn't wait to buy it. But I was very disappointed as the projects are very similar to those in the other books. Instructions are still as confusing or hardly there at all as in the case of quilts! Bird-cages are nice but very little else caught my eye. A waste of money.
on 23 September 2011
I've got all of Tone Finnager's books and I was so looking forward to this one.It is a georgeous book,but it's mainly about her georgeous fabric collection. The projects are not any amazing and all the angels are pretty much the same as in the previous books. This book didn't really gave me the inspiration this time but it certainly did previously.It still has couple of adorable projects,and it looks well on the bookshelf with the others,as I'm a big Tilda fan but this book let me down.
on 3 June 2013
I liked the projects in this book but very poor instructions to make them. I consider myself experienced in sewing, patchwork etc, but this would have been quite difficult for a beginner. I am about to make the elephant, but no indication about the type of fabric to use to prevent the seam splitting when stuffed.

I have made two bowls and they were quite difficult with no hints to help. Not for a beginner!

However a lovely coffee table book, beautiful pictures and I enjoyed leafing through it.
on 30 August 2011
Brilliant book - it's nearly as good as the other ones in the collection. The picture and how to make each gift is well laid out, with the patterns being easy to follow
This latest book in the Tilda range has 50 projects to create items with the Tilda feel. Projects include fabric jewellery & embellishments, different versions of the Tilda angel, bags and gadget cases amongst others. My personal favourite is the felt slippers which look so snug and cosy.

There are a lot of large/full page photos in the books which immerse you into the pastel coloured floral world of Tilda. There are a lot of projects in the book, of varying sizes, so there should be something for everyone, and it is good value for money.

This review originally appeared on The Sewing Directory
on 9 June 2013
Beautiful dolls, as I have come to expect, but the book fell just a little short of my expectations overall. With the birdcages so much in evidence, one or two smaller bird patterns would have been nice. I love the Cockatoo pattern.
on 9 July 2015
HAVING JUST BOUGHT MY THIRD TILDA BOOK BY TONE FINNANGER, I REALISED I HAD NEVER WRITTEN A REVIEW FOR THE OTHER TWO. ALL THREE ARE EXCELLANT BOOKS FOR INSPIRATION WITH CRAFTWORK AND ENHANCING THE HOME, THIS ONE INCLUDED.
on 17 June 2013
I could keep buying Tilda books all day long I love the pictures in them, it makes you want to make everything at once. The trouble is once you start you will want to make everything and fill your home out with all the fab pieces. Great value for money as always very quick dispatch well done very pleased thank you very much from a Tilda fan