on 17 April 2012
I was amazed at the value of this essential Mountain Sills handbook. Possibly the best online purchase I have made this year. The delivery arrived within three days to County Galway, Ireland. The condition was excellent and the book was a hard cover, essential when using it in the open and on trails. I was very happy with the prompt service and I would purchase from this supplier again.
on 28 December 2017
Very informative
on 20 July 2016
Excellent product and excellent service, thank you.
on 1 March 2018
Arrived safely and as expected. Recipient is enjoying reading it.
on 24 October 2016
Great book. Nice new edition. Just what I was looking for.
on 27 August 2015
Good
|0Comment|Report abuse
on 1 March 2015
really clear and easy to follow.
on 15 February 2015
Very clear, relevant and well-illustrated.
on 26 May 2009
Having spent cold, hard cash on another slightly disappointing mountaineering book, I borrowed several from the library to find out which would be worth buying and keeping on my bookshelf.

This is the one!

Very well illustrated, it covers all the basics in sufficient depth and with great clarity to give you all the understanding you need to practice what it describes.

Using this book I have learned (and practiced in my back garden!) various anchor, abseil, ropework, and rescue techniques. Since then I have completed my first significant winter climb and I'm now preparing for a 2 week climbing holiday in the Alps. Naturally, as a novice, these are with someone more experienced than me, but at least I can hold my own from a knowledge and ability perspective and not be a burden.

So...great book and contrary to the other review here, Amazon seem to have it in stock!
13 people found this helpful
on 14 July 2011
This is an excellent companion to Libby Peter's "Climbing Essentials..".Illustrations as sharp and helpful.A must for beginners and a great reminder for the more experienced.Should be a constant point of reference for any mountain climber.