on 13 April 2012
My friend showed me this book and I just had to have it! The theme for this book is mainly houses and gardens and its a combination of stitching, applique and quilting. There are many projects in this book some are small such as the gardener's scissor keeper and some are larger such as the 'go wild quilt' (watering cans/butterflies and flowers). The techniques and templates are in the back of the book. All the colours are muted (but you could use bright colours if you wanted) In particular I like the Walnut Tree Sewing Case which has an applique cottage with embroidered details, and embroidered hollyhocks, cat, birdhouse and tree or try the smaller project the Cottage Needle Holder. There is also a beehive picture, little bird purse, birdhouse bag, flower spool quilt etc. The designs are very cute and use fairly simple embroidery stitches. Both beginner and experienced crafter could find something in this book.
on 19 April 2012
Would highly recommend this book. Lots of projects that can be easily undertaken. Templates and patterns are great. Incorporated some of the designs into card making designs.
on 12 May 2012
Country Cottage Quilting is a delightful book - just to pick it up and browse is uplifting in itself. The embroidery designs are easy to carry out - I have done several with yoyo flowers already which add an extra dimension to your embroidery.
A good buy.
on 25 April 2012
This is an excellent book, when it arrived I couldn,t wait to get started so I have made the cushion on the front cover and I am sure I will be making many more of the projects in this book.
on 20 June 2012
A beautiful book full of inspiring ideas and lovely photos. I loved the range of colours illustrated too, although of course you can choose your own colours, these are soft and gentle colours which would compliment most interiors. Lots of ideas which could be interpreted to machine embroidery and/or quilting, so a great resource book too!
on 25 November 2014
Have used this book for lots of projects, one being the garden quilt
review image
on 30 June 2012
I love this book! I can't put it down and I have already completed the Beehive wall hanging. I will attempt the large quilt as soon as I have the materials! I am very new to this craft, and this book is very inspiring to me!
on 16 April 2017
Some nice quirky designs - just my style!
on 6 November 2012
I have been looking for country style patterns which could be used in conjunction with jelly rolls and pre-cut fabric and this fits the bill, although I will use my own ideas and designs to make any quilt or gift item. Well written and illustrated. Good just to look through too!
on 15 September 2012
My wife was very pleased with this book and has eagerly begun her latest 'project'. It is ideal for a beginner as well as the slightly more advanced seamstress.