Customer reviews

Person-Centred Counselling in Action (Counselling in Action series)
Format: Paperback|Change

on 10 November 2017
A well written, well thought out book with some easy to follow theory. Good book for anyone who is relatively new to the subject to give them a little extra insight how Person-centred counselling actually works and the skills involved.
on 25 February 2013
I am, at present, training at Diploma level in counselling. I am a compulsive book buyer and from all the ones I have bought, this one was the most useful for me. Although Carl Rogers is fascinating, he is not easy reading at most times. When I started training at level 2, the definition of the core conditions and the ideas of the person centred approach were introduced in a way I could understand. Now, at a different stage of my training, this book is still very relevant, specially when going through the stages of the counselling relationship, with the case study. I find it fascinating and incredibly rewarding being able to recognise feelings as a counsellor in training, that experienced counsellor feel as well. I absolutely love this book!!!!

Person-Centred Counselling in Action (Counselling in Action series)
Working at Relational Depth in Counselling and Psychotherapy
Developing Person-Centred Counselling (Developing Counselling series)
on 4 August 2017
Great book! I read it before applying for a course in person centered counselling, I had no idea what I was going for, and this book described it all. The origins, the principles, the workings of a counsellor. Especially I loved the examples from sessions, they greatly illustrated the theory.
For someone with no psycology background, not the easiest read.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 28 September 2017
A very good book on Person Centred counselling. A lot of very useful information.
on 2 February 2015
Very clear, not so much jargon, and my favourite PC book.
It's the only one I've kept prior my MA mainly because it's very informative, and easy to understand. It's a starting point for further research, a basic understanding but quite informative.
on 16 August 2017
Brilliant if starting you're journey
on 14 April 2013
I read this book 11 years ago (library copy) and decided to re-read and purchase my own copy recently.
Both times I found the book engagingly and warmly written, and was totally absorbed by it.
It is very helpful to anyone in training as a counsellor, especially in the person-centred tradition, but it would be a good basis for the core conditions for counselling in any tradition,
It is also very helpful for someone like myself who wants to be reminded of the basic concepts of the practice of a counsellor.
I strongly recommend this book
on 3 March 2017
very useful for educational needs
on 3 April 2017
Great book loved it very insightful
on 19 October 2013
Recommended for my Counselling and Listening Skills course and new edition for 2013. It arrived next day with Amazon Prime. I've mostly dipped into it for my homework and then read around the immediate subject and found it useful in class discussion. The authors use the convention of referring to the counsellor as female (as they mostly are) and the client as male, I'd rather they used the third person plural but I'm nit-picking.