Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Arcade Fire Shop now Fitbit

on 18 June 2013
Have been using this book for donkey's years now. It makes stats and SPSS easy and accessible to all. All my professional network uses this book.
on 26 May 2014
Hello, I'd just want to join to the people lavishing praise on this book, I really like the lightheartedness with which the author presents ideas and his use of humour. I've read some negative reviews: mostly people complaining that humour should't be in this book, but I would argue if they want a serious and boring book, then there are plenty of that stuff on the market. I especially liked photos at beginning of each chapter, I felt that my experience using SPSS grows with little Andy.
on 17 March 2016
My daughter is at university and is studying psychology and her course involves a lot of research methods and the library only has a certain amount of books available so she was better of buying the book without the hassle of having to wait until someone brought the book back or reserving it at her university library. I do find that the books she needs for uni are expensive but this is the cheapest one I've found so far so definitely worth it as it is important for my daughters studies.
on 7 October 2016
Its a good book and you can pick your way through it relatively easily, however you have to have quite a lot of patience (or really enjoy the information being broken up) to read through stories that are irrelevant. That being said, so far I've used it and I've managed to get though the first two chapters including learning how to do the equations (as asked to do so at the end of each chapter, in the Tasks section). However when people say how heavy it is, they really aren't joking
on 26 September 2013
Wonderfully clear, comprehensive, and wickedly funny (which is a plus). Highly recommended for anyone wanting to use SPSS at its best.
on 4 May 2014
Could i have got through my undergraduate psychology degree without Andy Fields? No, I could not. While usually I would rail against the slightly patronising tone (don't let it put you off, its patronising, but hilarious), when it comes to stats, I think most psychologists NEED to be patronised. Andy Fields held my hand through statistics exams, and devastatingly complex dissertation data, and he made me smile along the way.

THANK YOU! My hero.
on 25 November 2013
Explains everything so well. I have the hard copy, happy to pay again for the kindle it is so good. Andy Field is a legend!
on 23 June 2015
I avoided this book because I thought that I 'should' know all the basics by now as I have been on every course there is. But I still don't get statistics, so I got this book. Thank goodness I did. It's definitely one I should have started with. Also it is one of the only books I have come across that mentioned multinomial regression in simple terms. Also 'comparing column proportions' which I needed. For me it was money worth spent.
on 23 October 2013
This is the best stats and SPSS text you will find out there. Superb style, great examples, it is just wonderful!
on 3 October 2013
This is a fab revised edition by the Prof. Very easy to use and read with a lot of practical examples too.