on 24 August 2017
I love all Maeve Binchy's books. This is excellent, charting the story of two young woman in Ireland from very different backgrounds in the same small village of Knockglen. The book follows their journey through school, University and beyond. It tells of their triumphs and tragedies with their group of friends in Dublin. A cracking good read. It's just so sad that there will be no more. I have read all Maeve's books now and feel that I lost a friend in her passing.
on 14 May 2014
I love her stories centering around Dublin and have read all the Tara Road/Quentins/Scarlet Feather books more than once as it is like catching up with old friends. I hadn't read Circle of Friends but I have just finished it and will certainly read it again.

I got really absorbed in the plot and the different characters were each painted so vividly that I almost felt I was watching a film. Maeve Binchy is an absolute master of description
on 21 August 2015
I love this story, I have read it so many times and because there are lots of characters and lots going on so each time I read it there are things I have forgotten. I can relate to Benny and to Eve, although their lives are different to mine, I really really like this story. Small town life, uni life, life of expectations and life the way it really can be . There are people in the story that remind me of friends I know/knew almost takes me back to when I was this age, but in a totally different decade!!
on 28 October 2016
Mauve Binchy describes the emotions and dreams of a fat child blossoming into womanhood beautifully. Benny is not the A-typical heroine, but you can't help but share her feelings as you read this book. Her friend, Eve, is exactly the right balance to stop the plot from being inevitable. I cried with the two girls.
on 16 October 2015
This is an eXCELLENT book from the superb author - Maeve Binchy - with a good storyline and believable characters. A really good read.
on 15 March 2018
Excellent, gripping story!couldnt put it down!
on 24 October 2017
wife loved it
on 11 January 2014
What I love most about Maeve Binchy books is her descriptive characters, and in this book Benny is superb, I felt for her, and I lived it with her. Part of the charm of her books for me is that they are set mainly in the 50's, a far off time, when values were so different. I always judge books in 3 ways, OK?, A chucker (dire) And finally grippers, books you can hardly bare to put down until finished because it holds your interest to the very end, and Circle Of Friends was definitely a Gripper. Maeve at her best.
on 9 May 2015
Thank you for sending this promptly. The book was well received by the person it was intended for even though they had already read it. It will certainly get read again. Thanks
on 31 May 2017
Really enjoyed the book, put to the normal standard.