Customer reviews

on 27 September 2013
I purchased the double-CD of the COMPLETE first series of "Sarah Millican's Support Group" to replace a previous copy that I inadvertently damaged, and noted that the artwork on the release still hasn't been replaced to remove the misleading "A Selection From" moniker. This set IS the complete first series, only four episodes having been made for the initial run (check elsewhere on the t'interweb, there's plenty of supporting evidence out there, and from personal experience I remember the broadcasts on 18th & 25th February, and 4th and 11th March 2010 because I'm that much of a geek). OK, it might have been nice to include the pilot episode which wasn't strictly a "Support Group" episode, in fact was called "Sarah Millican's Keep Your Chins Up", but you can't have everything.

Anyway, pernickety-ness aside, it's a great set. The four episodes are a joy, and are definitely worth a listen/re-listen.
on 10 April 2012
I was caught out with Clare in the Community Series 6, and I was caught out again. What is it with the BBC... THIS IS NOT THE COMPLETE SERIES. It is a "Selection from" Series One, a fact that you can only tell if you enlarge the image of the CD. Amazon aren't exactly helping, as they are (at the time of writing this review) advertising this as "Sarah Millican's Support Group Series 1". (I will be reporting this misrepresentation!)

Why do you do this to us, BBC Audio? Sarah Millican created 6 excellent episodes of her support group, which were hilarious and often had me laughing out loud. Part stand up, part ensemble, part audience participation, all of it was incredibly funny, whether it was scripted or the impromptu interactions with the audience.

Six fantastic episodes... but we have to make do with four of them. Why do you taunt us with only four? Your packaging is such that if you don't read the cover carefully, you think you're getting the lot. This is a huge shame, as I believe it is possible to get the complete series as an audible download. At least I think you can... I might have to look at the image again in case of small print...

If, like me, you'd rather have a CD than an audio download, by all means get this CD. Just be aware that two of the episodes from that first excellent series will not be included, and try not to let it dampen your entertainment.
44 Comments| 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 April 2014
Love the lass,who'd think that such a sweet girl's got it goin on,she's hilarious,I bought her DVD too,which is also fantastic
,she's become one of our favorite comics.....
on 30 May 2012
I thoroughly enjoyed this cd. I know it doesn't have the whole of series one on it but this didn't spoil my enjoyment of what there was. Good clean fun and a humorous way of looking at everyday issues in people's lives.
on 20 September 2013
This is the earlier work and all in true Millican style, absolutely loved it! Looking for my next one now
on 24 July 2013
Sarah Millican is brilliant and this audio book is worth every penny! It is a very good tonic to anyone.
on 11 October 2015