Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 14 October 2010
"To be a mother is to feel guilty", that's what Ms Harman said - she may have felt better about the role of mothers if she had read this book. It certainly made me feel good, not guilty!

I wish this book had been around when I was at home with my oldest child, I would have read it and felt happy to stay at home for a while when my children were young. Then I would have re-read it a few years later when I was thinking of going back to work after a break. It is full of ideas to help you realise that you are able to be in control of your work/home life balance, really easy to read, very practical, down to earth and incredibly encouraging.

Use the "look inside" option to see the chapter headings, I honestly think that everything has been covered in a way that's informative but not dull to read - there are suggestions of useful websites and more reading too if you need to explore a particular area further.

I would recommend this to anyone who is considering staying at home for any length of time when they have children and for anyone thinking about returning to work after a break.
on 31 May 2015
I read snippets of this while at a health visitor appointment. Well written and excellent advice, would definitely recommend.
on 4 November 2010
Currently looking to rejoin the paid workforce after more than a decade happily being a Mum, I think this book was written for me!
Bekki Clark feels like my very own life coach, answering all the questions and addressing all the issues I am facing right now. Today I re-read the section on covering letters as I prepared to write one and it was like having an encouraging friend sitting beside me with all the right prompts. I have had a great innings being at home and now I feel more confident about making all that experience count in my favour in my job search. Thanks Bekki for such a helpful, affirming and timely book!
on 24 October 2010
Well done to Bekki Clark for giving any Mum making her way back to work a comprehensive and easy to follow helping hand through this gem of a book. Bekki really knows her stuff, and she understands how busy Mums are and what a bewildering time it is trying to go back to work. Although i have been a working Mum for years, this guide has been a refreshing read and I will definitely recommend it to my coaching clients searching for a decent book to help them make such important decisions.