Customer reviews

on 5 May 2017
The best cupcake/cookie book I have. I have already tried a few recipes and every single one of them was a success. All our family members love the results. I am definitely going to use this book regularly, it is worth the money. I have also ordered another copy for my sister, she loves cooking and I hope she will enjoy baking with this book too.
on 21 July 2017
Great book. I bought one after constantly using my sisters and messing hers up (with baking residue ;)) and having to buy a new one for her. Great for the price if a little faded as it was, it seems, a very old but new copy.

Cheats a little by saying is 1001 recipe's as most are 2,3 or even 4 of the same recipe with just a variation in ingredients, but I love it. Simple instructions and great pictures.
on 24 April 2017
Wife uses the book a lot im getting fat lol
on 26 July 2017
Good recipes to follow
on 21 March 2015
Was trying in shops for ages for this book. Lots of recipes and tips
on 18 October 2017
Lovely recipe book full of tasty recipes.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 20 February 2015
I have owned this book for years and it is a classic. I have re-purchased it as mine got a bit dirty on the frequently used recipes and it's well worth replacing. Beautiful layout and pictures with simple instructions. Recipes are ranging from simple classics to elaborate treats that will amaze your family and friends. Not so much a cake book more biscuits, cupcakes, pastries and muffins but it is a brilliant addition to any cook book collection as with 1001 recipes there is always something new to make. Beautiful book.
on 5 June 2011
Bought on a whim as I suddenly thought I'd try my hand at making some cakes for when we have visitors. Have owned the book for two days now and have made lemon butterfly cakes, queen cakes and coconut paradise slices already. All three recipes were easy to follow and use easily sourced ingredients. The photographs which accompany each recipe are also a true representation of the finished cakes. I really can't praise this book highly enough. Having made my first cakes in about twenty years, I can only say what a pity it is that I didn't come across this book sooner as I would never have purchased shop-bought cakes if I'd realised just how easy it is to make them with the right recipes.
on 22 April 2013
I gifted this book to my mom who is at advanced level of baking but rarely bakes as she doesn't find new recipes. But when I gifter her this book, she has baked more than 50 muffins and cookies for us over 2 months period and using the measurements given in the book, everything seems to work out perfectly. It is a must who likes to experiment with flavours, sweet and salted cookies, muffins etc. Great gift for your loved ones or to treat yourself.
on 1 December 2009
I bought this book as a gift for my daughter's birthday to encourage her to make her own sweet treats instead of buying shop manufactured cakes and biscuits which often contain additives. I was so impressed with the book, I bought another two, one for myself and one for a Christmas gift for a friend who I know loves to make cakes. This book has hundreds of recipes for cupcakes, scones, muffins, brownies, blondies, tray bakes and slab cakes, cookies, biscuits and confectionery as well as some interesting savoury muffins and pastries. There is nothing in this book which will not make you go "ooooh" and "aaaaaah" as your pour wistfully over the pages. The photography is so stunning, you can almost smell and taste the pictures; the only improvement would be "scatch and sniff"!
The recipes are easy to follow, and often show a number of flavour variations. The first chapter of the book goes over cake making techniques, ingredients, equipment and supplies as well as giving stock recipes for icings and frostings. Technical terms are explained so easily that my 13 year old could bake any recipe in this book, and my 5 year old nephew would have no trouble in following the recipe with me. There are some really good seasonal and festive recipes in this book as well as some great hand made gift ideas for confectionery and petit fours. It has plenty of recipes for chocaholics as well as hundreds of recipes which use all manner of dried fruits, nuts and seeds for those who want a "healthy" treat! If you have to bake for a school fete cake stall or church bazaar then this book is for you, and for all you car booters who like to bake on Saturday and sell on Sunday, you will make an absolute fortune with the recipes in this book!
This book makes an excellent gift for all your foodie friends and relatives of all ages and is so easy to use that it makes it a particularly good book to give your grown up ready-to-leave home children as they go off to university or set up their first home. Its layout is fantastic, since the creative photographs and simple instructions are a easy to read. It is an inspiring book that will make even the most novice cook want to try and create mouth watering bite size treats to nibble on with tea and coffee or put into lunch boxes to be enjoyed throughout the day. If you are a parent, then this book is a must since you can bribe your children to do anything on the promise of making something from this book. There are plenty of easy and quick recipes in here for small cakes, biscuits and tray bakes which are ideal for hungry sugar-deprived kids at 4pm after school. Serve with a glass of juice, milk or smoothie, and you will feel the smug satisfaction of knowing your kids are eating additive free yummy treats with far less fat, sugar, salt and chemicals than the stuff you buy in the supermarkets. Often they are also cheaper and many of the recipes are freezable which is useful for those of us who are time concious and they store well in the biscuit tin.
For those of us with partners these recipes are also guaranteed to get you those expensive shoes, fragrance, video game or power tools you wanted when they open their lunch box to find delicious home made treats inside for their coffee break. Impress your friends at the end of your dinner party by serving some of the sophisticated individual cupcakes for dessert and wow your pals at coffee mornings with delectable sweet home made nibbles.
The only negative thing I can say about this book is that it does not have any nutritional information for any of the recipes, but with treats like these it is unlikely that you are going to be counting the calories, and if it did include any information, many of us who are extremely health concious would probably never bake any of them, which would be a crime in itself. Weights and measurements are given in metric and imperial (use one or the other) as well as information on yield numbers per batch and oven temperatures are given in centigrade, Fahrenheit and gas marks.

I can't recommend this book highly enough and it is the only small cake and biscuit recipe book you will ever need. With 1001 recipes you will be spoiled for choice!