on 25 May 2011
I read some of these books when I was a child and was transported into a world of adventure. Everyone wanted to be like the Famous Five. Im now 58 with 3 Grandchildren and was over the moon when I found the full set of these lovely books, just had to order them. The seller was amazing, no problems and quick delivery. They now have pride of place on the bookcase in our conservatory, waiting for the day when our Grandchildren can read them. PERFICK!!!!!!!
on 1 May 2015
so long as people understand that these are cheap versions of the books they are fine. they are not originals, nor the modern look ones, somewhere in between. my child is only seven so i figured he would not notice the slight difference, but the first thing he did was to look at his single editions and compare it to the same volume in the set. he was a little disappointed that they weren't exactly the same but he got over it. the paper is a little more grey and the writing a good bit smaller than the modern books. i don't know about the originals as I've not experienced them. when you consider that the full set of the modern books is about 100 quid, and the originals are very hard to find nowadays these books are fine and anyone should be happy with them. i have had to reason thusly with myself as they could have been just a little bit nicer and then id have been over the moon and thought myself very lucky. after all the main thing is the stories, not the quality of the paper. if you want to buy something that a child or adult could cherish for a long time though, i would not recommend these books. they are functional and do fine as a means to get all the stories, but if you want something of beauty, or accuracy of text akin to the originals, or something long lasting, and you can afford to spend five times as much as the 25 pounds i spent on these, then look for something more robust.
on 6 January 2012
This box set is stunning! All 21 books together in one set. All the books have brilliant artwork depicting the Famous Five on the covers and i really couldn't be happier with my purchase. Having grown up with the famous five it's the perfect set to pass down to the generations to come, so they can follow George, Richard, Julian, Anne and Timothy's adventures :) Highly recommended!
on 26 September 2012
These are the Originals from Enid Blyton NOT the New Modren Versions!!!
It was easy to unwrap box but, box was too big for item and damage. Item was late then it became delayed but I
got e-mails telling me this so that's good...
The books in the box set are a little difficult to get out, the cardboard box that the books are in should be a tiny bit bigger - your fingers can't grab hold of the books, NOT Child Friendly at all. But saying all that- all 21 books for £25+ I can't complain
Thanks Amazon
on 1 January 2012
Bought for my 11 year old niece who recently started reading and loving the Famous Five books. Who could resist the entire 21 books for only £30, a steal. And as they came as a box set they made a smashing Christmas present, she was delighted with them.
on 16 April 2012
Ordered this for my daughter's 8th birthday. Arrived a mere two days later. I was very impressed with the packaging which was protected in lashings and lashings of bubble wrap. My 'famous five mad' daughter couldn't have been happier. I would definitely recommend.
on 20 August 2016
These are the original books in every way except one small detail.. They now include pound coins! Outrageous! But other than that change (And that's only few and far between throughout the series,) it's all In all the ones I remember being read to as a kid in the 70's-80's.
An excellent box set, bit tight for tiny hands to pull out of the box itself but wonderfully illustrated and written. A must for any old skool Enid Blyton fans wanting to pass down to the younger ones.
Reading them now sometimes seems way out of time. The dialogue and morals throughout are good ol' fashioned exciting but responsible.
Loving reading these to my niece and nephew and they're loving every chapter as I did all those years ago lol.
on 6 January 2014
Just started to read the first book and I've noticed already that a word has been
changed possibly two and iv'e only read three chapters. Very disappointing and
i think it's very misleading the description of the product. Just to be politically correct!
on 28 February 2015
Bear in mind that these are slightly changed from the original books as certain phrases are now considered to be non-PC. Great books though and I love that my girls are now reading the same books that I got so much pleasure from as a child. They love them too :)
on 8 March 2014
My Granddaughter is an avid reader and was absolutely 'over the moon' with this set of books. She immediately passed thr four she already had to her younger Brother! A little tight to get out of the sleeve, but a piece of ribbon placed on the 3 sides - with a little extra for pulling - solves this problem.

Good value for money and well packaged.