Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

I bought this for my son-in-law, a former Royal Engineer, because he was beginning to look like a rabbit caught in the headlights. I thought it would appeal to his practical nature. I've had a look at it and really like it's approach, style and its humour. As the author states - it's a basic training manual but for many men that can only be a good thing. As long as it soothes anxiety it will be worth the money for me!
on 27 April 2015
As my husband is ex army this book is great as it explains the pregnancy in his terms. This is our first baby & I wanted hubby to enjoy the pregnancy with me. This book is informative & funny.
on 9 May 2017
This an essential, clear, very amusing and thoroughly practical and realistic handbook for all Dads to be and their wives and partners.
As a new grandmother to be it is a wonderful up to date read.
See also Commando Dad Basic Training and its sequel. Neil Sinclair is to be hugely congratulated.
on 23 March 2017
My dude loves this.
on 4 July 2017
Good read
on 3 August 2014
Message to all dads-to-be: Are you feeling intimidated by all the new things you are having to consider since you found out that your partner is pregnant? Looking for a clearly written, down-to-earth source of information to prepare yourself to become a dad? Look no further than this great little Commando Dad book. It's written in an easy to digest style with a sense of humour and you don't have to be or been a soldier to benefit from the wide range of advice. 'Nuff said!
on 16 April 2015
Excellent, no non-sense book. I (expectant mother) read it in one evening, having bought it for my husband, who is now working his way through it. It has been invaluable for us - he seems so much more "in the know" than before, and involved, without me trying to get him to read multiple websites, to find out the stuff he needs to know.
on 16 November 2014
Just what you need. We're all a bit nervous when a 'new recruit' is on the way and there are plenty of people to offer 'advice' but Neil's wisdom and experience help create a confidence in how to look after your new baby. Wouldn't be without it.
on 18 January 2016
Brilliant book. I purchased this for my husband as a little something to give him when I told him I was expecting. Unlike a lot of the baby pictures I have where you can come across a nice colour image of the baby 'crowning,' this book has no such 'gory' details.
It is well laid out, and perfect for dipping in and out of. My husband has read this regularly and enjoys this- even I grab for a read. Would definately recommend for all expectant fathers.
on 14 December 2016
Brilliant, second Commando Dad book I've bought and it really is excellent. I don't really have much experience with babies or young children (except for being one but that was a long time ago now!) and this book clear sets out the processes for pregnancy and birth and what to think about at each stage. I could not recommend enough if you going to become a dad and have no or little experience with babies and pregnancy.